Rattle beads, cross finger, chicken liver dance...

Abbey

Spork Queen
haha... I love the Garmin. It might take me on a route that is completely not cool...but it gets me there. Heck, if I didn't have that thing today I'd probably be in South Carolina by now knocking on someone's door. I'm just cracking up as I'm freaking out...'recalculating,' over and over again. OKAY...I GET IT!! I'M LOST!!

I think it's pretty much a done deal. They just have to find the right spot for me, which is nice. I don't want to put all my eggs in the same basket, but I think we all walked out of there with a verbal agreement. I just had to find my way home.:tongue:

H, on the other hand, has not handled this too well. Oh, well. Another battle...another day.

Thanks again for your support.

Abbey

mstang67chic

Going Green
i think it's pretty much a done deal. They just have to find the right spot for me, which is nice. I don't want to put all my eggs in the same basket, but i think we all walked out of there with a verbal agreement. I just had to find my way home.:tongue:

Abbey

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Abbey

Spork Queen
You want to see an explosive angry man right now? (Rhetorical question ladies.) Go to my H's house and watch the fireworks. He is MAD.

He calls last night and I'm all excited about this opportunity. Full time, with benefits, insurance, 401K...not working at a minimum wage job for peanuts...I get to use my skills...I was on cloud 9. Well, he doesn't see it that way. Imagine that. He thinks this is the nail in the coffin. I said, hon...that coffin has been nailed shut for a long time. Enter rant mode.

I just put the phone on speaker phone, sat back on the couch with my roomie and listened for about 20 minutes. Then I hung it up. Roomie is looking at me speechless. I simply said, "Now you know why I left.:tongue: Ya think he's got some anger issues?" Then we both just cracked up. I know it sounds funny to laugh at something like this, but sometimes it's the only thing to do. He's not going to rain on my glimmer of a parade.

I imagine most of my things are burning in his front yard right now, though.:anxious:

Abbey

Nancy

I'm sorry I'm late with the good luck/congratulations wishes Abbey. Hmm seems like if you moved out H would have gotten the message by now. What did he expect you to do, sit around with no job? Did he think you would come running back to him? You have always been independent and taken care of yourself and I don't see that changing anytime soon. The job sounds just right for you.

Nancy

everywoman

Abbey---I am oh so proud of you. Great opportunity---doing something you will enjoy that will use your skills as an educator. You GO GIRL!!!

And if you end up in SC---just call----I'll come pick you up and get you going in the right direction----but we'll stop at the beach first, for some sun and the best seafood in the world.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Yes, Nancy...he does think I'm going to come running back. I've done it a few times in the past. And, in all honesty it's been hourly tempting to do so. Still dealing with that. Baby steps.

EVRM (how do you hyphonate that?) I'd kill for a beach right now. Sounds lovely. I'd probably never leave.

Abbey

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Well, at least he was good for 20 some minutes of shocking entertainment! I'm so glad you are able to detach, Abbey... and SO happy you got this job. I never doubted things would work out for you. :D

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Abbey, I'll feel a whole lot better when the verbal agreement turns into an offer and a start date. Any idea when they will get back to you? I'm on pins and needles for you!

As for h............

well........

..........remember all of the reasons you left again after you returned..........

...hope that makes sense.

Also, poke around on the Garmin to see if you can change the settings to "most direct route" in case it's set for something different. It might help reduce the "scenic routes" it seems to take you on. ;)

Suz

Fran

Former desparate mom
Deb, good luck with the job offer. It does sound like it would take you away for the jobs you were overqualified for and didn't last long to something using your skills and that you can make into a career with a future and stability.

The gps gave difficult child his independence. He never leaves home without it. He really can't seem to follow a map due to anxiety of reading it and transferring info to a decision while he is driving.

Needless to say, since then I got my own and I love it. You are right though. Doesn't matter if you mess up, it recalculates the route. I know I will get there. Doesn't it sound as if the talker gets more annoyed when making a series of errors? (sometimes, I know where I'm going and take short cuts it doesn't suggest).

I'm sending good thoughts. H can't keep you down. You are following your own path. His path was dragging you down with him.