Rattle Some Beads Please--Intake Interview Tuesday!!

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
We filed paperwork with the state a few months back requesting funding for additional mental health services for difficult child. In December, we received a letter indicating that we had successfully completed the written application process.

On Tuesday, they are sending a woman out to our home to interview us about our needs.

I don't know whether there will be a step three and four and five and six--or whether this interview will be the determining factor as to whether we are eligible to receive services. If you can spare a moment, please rattle a bead or say a prayer that this interview shows this woman exactly what she needs in order to qualify our family for additional help.

I am planning on showing her exactly how we are living with the locks and the cameras and the bedroom searches. I hope it goes well!!

--DaisyFace

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Thanks everyone!

In regards to the question about what kind of services we are hoping to get...to be honest, I'm not even sure what all they offer. From what I understand, it is a fund that provides money for services when severely emotionally disturbed youth have exhausted all the treatment options available through Medicaid.

If we are accepted into the program, a caseworker can arrange things such as in-home counseling, in-school counseling, even Residential Treatment Center (RTC) if deemed necessary.

The interview is tomorrow morning....I hope there is so much bead rattling going on that we'll be able to feel the house vibrating! The woman just HAS to accept us! She HAS to!!!

Keeping fingers crossed!

--DaisyFace

DDD

Add me to the Bead Rattling Support Group. It must be hard anticipating the visit when so much is riding on it. Fingers crossed as I rattle. :D DDD

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I hope all goes well with the interview tomorrow and that they see what they need to see in order for difficult child to qualify for all the services she needs! Let us know how it goes!

DDD

I'm sending warm thought to you today.....even if it is cold as can be in
Sunny Florida. DDD

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Ugghhh! The waiting game!!!

The woman came and went....and I won't know if my family qualifies for services until she calls this afternoon with our assessment "score"....

And then, IF we qualify, we will be added to the waiting list.

I hate waiting...

:tongue:

horserider

Good thoughts and prayers that you hear some good news by tomorrow. Funding has been so tight, we lost services after Residential Treatment Center (RTC) and a yr. of in home therapy. If you can at least get the in-home we found it to be very helpful while it lasted.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Just out of curiosity DF, how is this person judging the assessment score?

Our state bases services on the GAF (global assessment of functioning). With the tweedles in the mid to high 30's determines the monies we receive for add'l services that the parents cannot provide.

GAF is generally determined by a psychiatrist.