Re: Help! I think my child has ODD and I don't know what to do

luvmy2kids2012

Hello! I am in the same situation with my son.... he has been diagnosed with ADHD and ODD.... I am having a very tough, stressful and trying time. We have done counseling, tried different medications.... ect...I am still searching for more options to deal with this.....If you wish to chat further or talk with me I'd appreciate it, knowing someone else is going through the same thing I am is a help... email me *

Last edited by a moderator:
R

runawaybunny

Welcome to the community luvmy2kids2012.

I took the liberty of moving your post to it's own thread rather than leave it buried in the dormant thread that you replied to so that it's easier for everyone to find and respond to.

buddy

Hi and welcome...

Can you tell us more?? Early childhood milestones and issues? What kinds of therapy/counseling? School issues? Age? bio son? adopted son?

We seem like a nosy lot I suppose but the more we can relate the more we can share with you what our experiences have been and you can see if any of it helps you...

Anyway.... a big big welcome, glad Cheryl found you and I hope you check in!

LittleDudesMom

I would like to add my welcome as well! As buddy says, we ask a lot of questions when a poster first arrives so we can get a better snapshot of the situation.

I have many of the same questions buddy asked - how old is your son? how are his social interactions? what kind of doctor gave him the diagnosis? What medications were tried?

So often, our kids have to try a miriad of medications before one is found that really helps - but that always goes hand in hand with behavior mods, often talk therapy in conjunction with medications, school interventions, etc.

Glad that you have joined our community - I hope we can be of some help to you and your family.

Sharon