Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD) called last night

Not my own RADs but a dear young friend of our family who was diagnosis'd recently Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD) and other diagnosis's...

Just after she was diagnosis'd she talked to me and I encouraged her to encourage her closest circle of family and friends to openly address Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD) behaviors when they see them. I encouraged her that it would be what helps her along her path of healing.

This sweet young woman told me after her recent Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD)-meltdown how much it sucks to realize how right everyone was who was lovingly confronting her Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD) behavior.

She said it sucks to realize they all were right and she was wrong. She said it sucks to realize she'd hurt people she loves.

She told me not to worry, she had an appointment with her therapist who is using CBT to treat her.

I told her I love her... and encouraged her that this is growth.

I asked her to look back to what led up to her meltdown.

I encouraged her to recognize the triggers and try to get a handle on how to best cope with those triggers for the future.

I am encouraged to see a Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD) on the path of healing.

I have hope that our "10 beautiful years" with our own adopteds will multiply when our own young/adult children are strong enough to walk the path of healing.