Read/reed meeting

garrison

Mr. I's school called and left a message wanting to set up a read/reed meeting. What is this? I know it's the beginning of the evaluations. But what does read/reed mean? What can I do to prepare for this?

Thanks, Garrison

buddy

Sorry, I have no idea. Did you google it? Is it a reading program for kids who have reading challenges??

T

TeDo

I have never heard of it either. You said you know it's the beginning of the evaluations but I have never been a part of anything with that label. I might have to do some digging because now you have ME curious. Hmmmm

keista

Maybe the organizer of the meeting did not proof-READ their email and just made a really big snafu. I never heard of such a thing either. Was so curious I tried to Google it, and nothing relevant came up.

pattyb

They call it that here too - not sure if READ or REED or what but it's like a review of existing available data (READ?) or maybe review of existing evaluations? Not sure but for us, it's the first meeting where they will go over what has been done and what needs to be done as far as testing etc.

buddy

They call it that here too - not sure if READ or REED or what but it's like a review of existing available data (READ?) or maybe review of existing evaluations? Not sure but for us, it's the first meeting where they will go over what has been done and what needs to be done as far as testing etc.

Thanks Patty, that makes sense! Too bad they use acronyms on forms, I always put the full words in communication to parents with the acronyms in parentheses. Jargon is not cool when you are trying to communicate fully with parents.