Reading material dilemma or not so much

slsh

member since 1999
First off, I don't know *what* the heck he was thinking having this sent to *my* home.

Second off... is he out of his everlovin' *mind*??? thank you had an order from a major bookstore delivered to my home, including "The Anarchist Cookbook". The author has since issued a [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Anarchist-Cookbook-C-066-William-Powell/dp/0962303208"]retraction[/ame].

Ok, I'm all for free press, free speech, etc., but I draw the line at having this in my home much less having my difficult child have access to this garbage.

How rotten a mom am I if I throw it away without telling him it got here, especially since he's coming home (allegedly) this weekend to discuss living here permanently?

Just a small quote from the back of the book: This book is for anarchists, those who feel able to discipline themselves on all the subjects (from drugs to weapons to explosives) that are currently illegal and suppressed in this country.

Yes, oh yes... information I really want thank you to have access to... (shudder, ick, yuck)

And of course, if I throw the cookbook out, I guess I'll have to throw out the other book he ordered, Luciferian something or other nonsense about "invocations and evocations", the "72 demons", etc., etc. Drat.

Andy

I would ship them back with the notice, "This person does not live at this address. Please cancel the account."

tiredmommy

Sue, I see this as a way for thank you to mess with you because he knew you would be uncomfortable with these books in your house. I'd be tempted to take a black marker and blot out all the offensive and idiotic stuff in the book. You may need two markers.

I would make this a line in the sand. He knows what he is doing...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Ummmm... Your house. Your rules. Period. Do what you like with them!

I vote for sending them to Abbey to use as bird cage liner...

mom_to_3

I would throw them away and then never speak another word about the books. When thank you asks where they are? You have no idea. You don't do you, after the trash men pick them up? Ick.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I'd toss 'em and not mention it.

on the other hand, if he complains to the company, they might send duplicate copies...........so maybe it's better to send them back with "not at this address" written on the outside.

Suz

goldenguru

When my difficult child was in her full blown rebellion, she brought home a book on satanism. (We are a family of faith). I told her in no uncertain terms that I was going to allow such a book in our home period. I told her if she wanted to explore other faiths (things with positive messages) I was fine with that, but she was not going to bring such negativity into our home.

Your house, your rules.

by the way - I wouldn't just throw it out. I think that is avoidance. I would confront him on it - and let him know that you will not be allowing such garbage. Period. End of story.