Real or Fakeys...

F

flutterbee

I had a real tree one time. Never again. What a mess.

The trick is to buy the artificial tree the day after Christmas when everything is 75% off. I got my fake tree for $60.00, it looks very real and this will be the 11th Christmas for it.

Star*

call 911........call 911
My Mom and Dads fake tree got so bad after 16 years it actually shed needles. On the 17th year of decorating my Mom was in the living room trying to hang garland on it. I called to see what she was going and she said "Trying to hang garland on a toilet brush". For the next three years - we all got a kick out of Mom decorating the toilet brush. When the poor thing finally gave out - Mom was delighted. She called and told me this would certainly be the best Christmas ever - a real tree. My Dad took it upon himself to go to the Kmart and came home with (if you can believe it) and UGLIER tree than the toilet brush. She used it until last year when my sister jerked open the front door in a fit of rage and threw the topper across the yard and then the bottom 1/2. Mom was once again DELIGHTED thinking - a real tree. My sister felt bad about being such a jerk (she was trying to tie the branches to the pole with wire, jabbed herself, bled, cut her hand, nearly lost an eye - and left in the middle of putting up the tree - to repeat history and came home from Kmart with a prelit tree that is neither a toilet brush, or uglier than a toilet brush - but still NOT a live tree. So I'm trying to find someone who has a little fir tree (not Australian pine) to give to her for Christmas - and then Plant in the yard for her in the Spring.

-Honestly - I miss the toilet brush. It saw many years and had character.

Pam R

We had real LIVE (planted them after) trees for many years. But then we went through a spell where they died. Those trees are expensive! So we got an artificial tree. I can't justify cutting a tree for a few days then throwing it out.

Our last artificial tree was 15 year old and yes, it did shed needles as bad as a real one!! LOL

We bought a pre-lit one last year, because it was the best looking one of the lot. I dislike clear bulbs and this tree was covered with them. I laboriously removed them all and gave them to a family in need of Christmas stuff.

So I use an artificial tree, but just because I can't afford a true LIVE tree. The upside is, I can have the tree up from the day after Thanksgiving to New Year's Day, and never water.

I do so enjoy the lights and things on it, especially at night. I don't get tired of it, when it's up all that time.

Loved the story of the flying Christmas tree, Star!! LOL

Pam R.