Realization while on this journey to get diagnosis for difficult child

Adizziedoll

I know this forum is about our children, but I'm going to get a little off topic. It still involves my child, since I'm the one trying to parent him.

Since I found this forum, a new interest has sparked for me. I'm upset with the medical personal I have come into contact with, and it drove me like no other to find out more about casein, gluten, dyes, lead, ect. I was explaining AS to my father, and he said something to me; "Maybe you have something like that." Hmm, worth looking into.

Wow. I am trying to arrange a neuropsychologist evaluation for both me and my son now. I have a ADHD diagnosis, but inattentiveness is far from my only issue. I'm looking at these videos on youtube and reading these forums and looking at these tests, it's me. I'm almost positive I'm an Aspie. I feel crazy just for coming here and saying it, but I feel this is the safest place to say it. We will find out for sure in a few months. Whatever comes out of the evaluation, I'm sure it will help my son, directly and indirectly.

It's amazing what our children teach us!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Autism has a tendency to run in families, so I'm not surprised. You can also have some of the "traits" without actually having the disorder itself.

My son Travis is Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD), lower end of the autism spectrum. My husband is aspie. husband's brother at least has the traits, although seems to do better socially. husband's cousin is definately aspie. Another cousin......pretty darn sure is Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD). husband's Dad carried strong traits. His grandfather too from what I can gather.

I have 2 grandsons I'm fairly certain are probably Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD).......although they've not had evaluations yet. Well, one may be full blown autistic, his is pretty severe. 2 more grandsons are showing traits....one is a baby so it's a wait and see thing.

See what I mean? lol