Really? mother in law, Seriously?

Ropefree

Banned
It is always something, yes? My family does the same thing...our elders are cared for in family homes. Have you checked out the site A PLACE FOR MOM? A wealth of ideas and someone who will feed you information about what is available in your area (including home carers)
My heart goes out to you. Recently my siblings and I were having to take on the care of our parents during a health crisis and figure out how in the world to create something that grumpy and sometimes unbelievably mean father would get on board with. If it helps, by co-ordinating a meeting with the treating health care provider all the adult children presented him with the best options and how the matter would serve the needs...at first he didn't understand why everyone was there..Because he was dealing with the people who do love and care and no one took his role as the man we were able to help him to agree
on his own.
It is work. You know these elders and you know the dynamic in your family. Toss in some well thought out plans that everyone can work with
and the whole family will be helping bail out the sinking boat until you devise the patches for the smoother sailing a crew can pull off together.
With the Captains dignity in tact.
You are in my prayers in this trying time. Devotional work is ulltimately
what feeds our soul. And it is good for the kids who are enriched by the
amount of care that life does require in time. Give them parts that do help out.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Thanks you guys again !!! Heather... even though I am not very good at math. They are here for these 2 weeks, leave him for 2 weeks and then they are all back until the 10th of January!!! The whole entire trip adds up to like 7 weeks!