Really overwhelmed

Lothlorien

I'm sorry guys for not being around much. With husband's mom's passing and now the you-know-what hitting the fan with Missy, I'm overwhelmed.

I had to call 911 this morning. It was ugly. She eventually calmed down and I took her to school, but I'm mentally exhausted. This is the third time in so many weeks that I've either had to call 911 or mobile response.

I know she needs a medication change, but that's the problem. Neuro wants the p-doctor to do it and p-doctor is on vacation and I can't get an appointment until the end of April. The police officer got on the phone with them and made demands all over the place with them, so we'll see if we can get in sometime this week.

Gosh, I'm exhausted.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
O Loth,

I'm so sorry! That sounds overwhelming....I don't blame you for feeling "in over your head".

Hopefully, they can get her in to see someone ASAP!

((((hugs)))

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'm impressed with this officer.......KUDOS to him - What a rare man. De-escalation, got her back to school and calls the psychiatrist and neuro ? WOW.

Sending hugs and love to you Loth - you certainly don't need this! ((((((((((HUGE HUGS))))))))

.....hands rhino skin.....and hugs for Missy -

Lothlorien

Definitely, Star. I got his name, so I can follow up with him and let him know what results from it and to make sure I send him a thank you. He was the same officer that came out when Missy had a really bad seizure two years ago (in March too) and he was the one who suggested giving her oxygen. After the oxygen was given, she perked right back up. He's definitey a good guy and a good cop!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Way To Go officer!

((((hugs)))) Saying prayers someone gets on the ball with the medication change and it eases up soon.

Fran

Former desparate mom
I can feel your mental and emotional exhaustion. They really take it out of you. I hope that the doctors(both) get their heads together and come up with a better plan to handle emergencies. Truthfully, if you have to call 911, her doctors should have an appointment. that day. Ridiculous to wait until the end of April.
How is she doing in school?
Hugs.

Jena

sorry your going through a rough patch..... just wanted to send some hugs your way!! hang in there!!

((Hugs))

Lothlorien

Fran, I told the nurse to call me if there were any issues today or if she seemed overly tired. She goes to the nurse at 1:30 every day for medications. She's been managing to keep it together at school, but we've been having more and more problems at home and with friends. She's been sooooo manic.

I agree with you, doctor should see her same day, but she's on vacation. They said....go to ER. Duh! ER is going to just see she's calm and send her home to follow up with her doctor. Then I get a $700 bill. No thanks. The officer knew that and told them he was not going to send her to the ER.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Loth - hugs. For all of you. Don't have any good advice, just wanted to let you know I'm here.

nvts

Oh Loth...I'm sorry about this...I've got difficult child 1 in a psychiatric hospital. in Westchester and they're leveling him out...the precurser to all of it was exhausting - I hate the idea that you're going through this right now...could your mother in law passing have contributed to this or is it basically that she's just getting bigger/older/hormones all rolled into one?

That police officer sounds like a dream - can they clone him?

Lots of prayers and gentle hugs headed your way!

Beth

Lothlorien

Beth,
She's been on a decline since last June. It happens to coincide with mother in law's sickness, but we didn't know about it at that time, so that's not the reason for the decline. However, since about December, she's really been manic on a regular basis. Since mother in law passed, she has completely shut down with the psychologist and refuses to talk to her. I definitely believe Missy is not dealing with her grief. She will bring mother in law up once in a while, but won't really talk about her or about missing her.

Hormone's are definitely a factor too. She's having cramps, breaking out and her chest is growing slightly. Also, she's had a fairly large weight gain. She's always been a good eater and thin, but not too thin. Really, rather a perfect size. She almost has a dancer's body....very muscular legs (like me). Recently, she's been overeating like crazy and buying two lunches at school or taking lunch and buying lunch too. I've noticed she's gained at least 15 pounds in the last few months (3 or 4 months). So, she's obviously outgrown her medications. The Trileptal is according to her weight. If her levels dip below 120, she's a nightmare. I would lay money out that if we tested her levels today, she's probably about 112, if not lower.

I can't tell you why or how, but my gut feeling is that she needs to be on Lamictal. It's a better mood stabilizer than Trileptal and stabilizes mood at a lower dose versus the higher dose for seizures. This would probably take care of the sleepiness she has because of the Trileptal, which also contributes to her raging.

In the meantime (this is not the answer and it is causing her to be more tired), we have decided to increase the Trileptal another 300mg until I can get her into the psychiatrist.