Recipe thread

Wiped Out

Staff member
It's been awhile since we've posted recipes. I just posted one on the sticky that I made for dinner tonight. If the idea of a quick chicken cacciatore sounds good be sure to check it out.

trinityroyal

BBQ'd Salmon steaks with peach-mango-teriyaki (NOTE: This also works with salmon filets)

This recipe works best if you barbecue the salmon steaks (I think you call it grilling in the U.S.?). Pre-heat the BBQ so that the grill is super hot.

NOTE: I'm guessing on the quantities. I don't usually measure when I cook, but go by what I have on hand and what feels right

Ingredients:
4 Salmon steaks or 6 filets
1 cup frozen sliced peaches, thawed, finely chopped (If you're up to it, you can peel and slice fresh peaches. If you do, use ones that are not quite ripe, otherwise they'll be too mushy)
1 cup frozen mango, thawed, finely chopped (You can use fresh mango instead. Use a red-skinned mango, not the little sour green ones. Remove the rind and pit.)
1/2 vidalia onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup teriyaki marinade
1 tsp crushed garlic
Black pepper and sea salt, to taste
About 1/2 cup Olive oil, divided

Wash salmon steaks and set aside

Mix peaches, mangoes, onion, teriyaki marinade and about 1/2 the olive oil.
Add garlic, salt and pepper.
Stir until all of the ingredients are well combined.

Brush the salmon steaks or filets with the remaining olive oil. (I often use a spray bottle filled with oil for this)
Lay the salmon steaks/filets side by side in a shallow pan and spread about 1/2 of the mango-peach mixture over them, coating the fish evenly.
Refrigerate for about an hour.

Turn the BBQ heat down to medium-high if you have a propane BBQ, medium if you have a natural gas BBQ.
Place the fish on the BBQ and prop the lid open a bit. I usually use the blade of a fish-slice, turned sideways. You can also use a large pair of BBQ tongs for this.
Cook for about 7 to 10 minutes, depending on how hot your BBQ is. When the fish turns from deep orange to "salmon colour" on top.
Turn the fish.
Spread the remaining peach-mango mixture on the other side and cook for about 5 to 7 minutes or so, until both sides are done.

If you like rare salmon, reduce the cooking time.

I usually serve this with a spring mix salad with raspberry vinaigrette dressing. The fruity dressing complements the fruity fish very nicely.

Feel free to PM me if something about this recipe doesn't make sense. I'm "translating" from what-I-do-in-my-head to English, and it doesn't always come out quite right.

Trinity

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
The salmon sounds yummy! I'm looking for stuff Bean will let me eat, right now. Nothing sounds good. (The salmon, yes, LOL!)

trinityroyal

I also use the same basic recipe for BBQ'd shrimp.

Because I'm lazy, I use cooked frozen shrimp with the tails off. If you want to do it the "real" way, use raw frozen shrimp with the tails on. Either way, the only variable is the cooking time.

Same ingredients as the salmon recipe, except:

1) substitute shrimp for the salmon
2) you need skewers for the shrimp

Quantity? I'm not sure. Depends on the size of the shrimp, how many fit on each skewer and how many people are eating.

NOTE: If you're using wooden or bamboo skewers, soak them in cold water for about 1 hour before you start.

Make the sauce per the instructions in the salmon recipe.
Thaw the shrimp by soaking them in medium-cold water. If you need to thaw them quickly use running water.
Thread shrimp onto the skewers so that there's about 1 1/2 inches at each end
Lay the skewers in a shallow pan, brush with olive oil and cover with the peach-mango sauce.

All other steps are the same as for the salmon recipe.

Hint #1: Spray the grill surface with oil so that the shrimp doesn't stick. Repeat when you turn the skewers.
Hint #2: If you're using pre-cooked shrimp, they take about 1 minute per side. Leave the BBQ lid all the way open so that they don't burn.
Hint #3: Use a fish-slice to scoop the finished skewers off the BBQ. If you try to use tongs, the ends of the skewers will break off.

Mark_01

Cookie recipe...
Brioche Breads Pudding;

Butter, space temperature
4 eggs
3/4 cup whole milk
3/4 cup huge cream
1 tbsp vanilla flavor extract
1 tsp. orange zest
1/2 cup glucose, plus more for cleaning and topping
4 huge pieces brioche bread
2 glasses combined fruits blueberries, fruits, raspberries, blackberries, plus more for garnish
Lemon Fondant:
2 glasses powder sugar
2 tbsp water
2 lemon, tested and juiced
Directions
Butter and glucose 6 6-ounce ramekins.