Recordable books sold out...sometimes i hate ebay

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I wanted to get my grandson one of those recordable books for Christmas...

Only they are all sold out, everywhere but Ebay.

And they are selling them for around $100 on there. Grrr...

I'm not paying that.

Oh well.

Next idea.

DammitJanet

I had thought of one of those too. Hadnt seen them anywhere but on tv though.

Isnt he between 6 months to a year? Look at the Fisher Price items. They have one that is a ball thingy that you put the balls in and it makes sounds. And of course there is the fisher price farm.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
He'll be 6 months at Christmas.

I'll get him something small and keep looking for the book...send it when I find it. He's too little to know, anyway.

I think I'm going to get him the Go Dog Go Dr Suess book. It was wee difficult child's favorite book and I think difficult child 1 and I can probably still recite the whole thing from memory. I'm also going to send him the first book difficult child 1 learned to "read" - its a very old "little golden book", it measure about 3x4 inches and is probably 40 years old. difficult child 1 memorized that book when he was about 4 and we "read" it every night. I can still recite that book, too. Last I knew, so could difficult child 1.

DammitJanet

Well I know what your gonna get him next year then...if books are your thing...lol. The leapfrog system where you put the books in it and he touches the pages and it reads along to him.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Books are mommy and daddy's thing. They want "educational toys" and not "worthless toys" (oh, the joys of being a first time parent...)

But I thought difficult child 1 might appreciate having the books he enjoyed himself and with difficult child 2. He and wee were tight when wee was very small.

I hope grandson is a easy child, tho, and they never have to figure out that their little angel might not always agree with their ideas. lol

Funny thing is, I got rid of that Leap pad system right before grandson came along! lol

DammitJanet

Oh gawd! Wait till they find out he wants to chew on the boxes instead of playing with the toy that teaches him spanish and his ABC's...lmao.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I know the feeling. Last night I was looking at Barnes & Noble and discovered that the new Nook ebook has sold out until after the new year. Being as H is a typical man, that means I won't get one. Oh well, in view of our most recent financial smack in the face, it's probably just as well.

Can you find the books elsewhere?

DammitJanet

I want one of those ebook things but know we cant afford one. Maybe in a year or two they will come down in price. Hope so.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I'll look there, thanks.

Otherwise, I'll just send him something else for now and wait til the books come back in.