Relief - of sorts...

witzend

So, the nasty bitter angry campaign commercials are gone. Back to "push up bras" and stupid husbands and women who have nothing more important than household dust to worry about...

Ah, the humanity!

mom_to_3

I hear ya, I'll especially appreciate no more political phone calls reminding me to vote. I'm really glad it OVER!

Andy

I suppose it is a good thing we don't have a national election to choose the 1st Puppy. The ones shown on t.v. are all sooooo cute. I can't wait to see which one the girls choose.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm so thrilled all of the political hype is over I don't quite know what to do with myself. :D

No more tons of polictical junk mail, no more calls all day and night, and no more people banging on the door. Although I know I scared the last person who did that half to death by ordering Molly on them. lol She chased them right out of her yard. :rofl:

nvts

That's what I love about you Witz! You found the best part of all of this. I'm sooooo glad that this campaign trail has ended. It was TREMENDOUSLY LONG!

I still think that if you spend well over a year stomping said trail that you should pay back the salary that you collected as a Senator. For pete's sake - some of them were campaigning for over a year! If I were in any of their constituancies, I'd be looking for blood! Little to know representation for over a year - it's a disgrace!

Can you see any of us in the private sector saying to our bosses "um, sorry but, you still have to pay me while I look for another job, interview, negotiate the terms of employment, go out to lunch with the guy and then ponder on whether or not I want to make the change."?

Beth

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Witz, now I'm being inundated by holiday shopping ads. You really can't win unless you turn off your TV. I think that may be the way I go. ;)

meowbunny

I received an email about two weeks ago asking for a donation to the Republican party. I sent back an email telling the Republican party exactly what I thought of their party, that I was a diehard liberable and there was no way on God's green earth that I would part with a cent of my hard-earned money for either major party. I ended it with the comment that I bet no one would read a word I had said.

Today, I got an email thanking me for my support of the Republican party. I'm not sure whether to print it out on TP and use it that way or on good paper and frame it. It should be a good joke other way.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
:forchristmas: A little of this

:christmaslights::christmasgift: Lots of this

:xmasdancers::elf: BUY BUY BUY!!!

:thanksgiving1: I am so Thankful that the phone calls have stopped!!!

:thanksgiving11:

:thanksgiving1:

donna723

Yep, no more annoying political ads!

Now we'll be back to the regular annoying commercials for various "male disfunction remedies", mops that hide behind trees and sing to women, and that ape-like Billy Mays screaming at us demanding that we buy his latest miracle product!

Marguerite

Naturally we didn't see what you saw. We did see a lot of the political comedy as well as the gaffes and anything interesting. However, what we saw of this campaign seemed (to us) to be far more polite on both sides than I've seen in previous political campaigns for a while, especially ones in Australia.

I missed seeing the actual acceptance/conceding speeches, I've only seen fragments of these in the last 12 hours or so, but I've heard a lot of favourable comment about the good manners (again) of both McCain and Obama in this.

So from an overseas perspective and modifying what I usually say - whoever you voted for, it seems you got a gentleman.

Marg

Star*

call 911........call 911
So Witz -

Now we have commercials about push up bras?

Isn't that REALLY STILL talking about boobs?

Eesch -

witzend

Well, you know, Star, I was going to title the thread "Moving on from Boobs to Boobies", but I thought I might get censored! Luckily, everyone knows how this state will vote, so we get very little of the phone calls. Except for the ones from Bermuda telling me that my credit card rate may go up and I should press *3...

There's pictures of puppies? I want to see those!

Marg, I think it depended upon what part of the country you were in as to how vicious the campaign was. Poor Lisa and her friends in Ohio got hit hard on the trail. It was embarrassing. You can see both speeches on YouTube. They were wonderful

Donna, hopefully Billy Mays won't try to run an ad for that black hair dye he's been using all over his head and face. Didn't he used to be a red head? He looks soooo naturally black haired. NOT!

Linda, I think they were a little restrained on the Holiday ads this year. Don't they usually start in September? I mean waiting until November? Wow! Good luck with anyone buying anything this year. Maybe husband will get me that new mop...

Star*

call 911........call 911
Shari and I have a new company called -

Brooms for sweeping occasions

Want us to send you a broom?