Remember the itchy scalp thread?

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Lothlorien, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Lothlorien

Lothlorien Active Member Staff Member

I tried Nizoral, which did help some. I also added Vitamin B complex, vitamin E and A, which also helped. Hydrocortison liquid helped also, but still had flaky and itchy scalp, just not nearly as bad.

Then I went to my hairdresser. She said my head just looked like wintery dry scalp. However, this started in October (not really cold, here yet) and I had been in Florida the week that it hit the all time worse.

Sooooo, I had asked her about using cholesterol or mayo....she said that should help.

This morning I sat around for hourse with Olive Oil Mayonaise massaged in my hair and a Target bag neatly pinned to my head.:rofl:

My hair is smooth as silk and my scalp feels nice. There are no flakies and I'm not dying to scratch.:itching:
  2. mstang67chic

mstang67chic Going Green

Hmmm.....I might have to try that. I'll need the bag though so the dogs don't try to lick my head.
  3. mstang67chic

mstang67chic Going Green

by the way...did you put it in while your head was wet or dry?
  4. Lothlorien

Lothlorien Active Member Staff Member

it was dry, because I didn't want to sit around with wet hair, being that it is just cold and windy up here. Despite having the heat on, I would have not been able to tolerate it being wet that long, because I would have just gotten cold.
  5. witzend

witzend Well-Known Member

Are you using a good conditioner?