Remember the turd at my office who didn't want me to park in the handicapped spots?

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Well...I found out yesterday from the secretary at the landlord's office that they are making ALL of those front row spots handicapped!!! Yaya - that's what I asked for...so now Mr. Turd won't be able to park in front anymore, but I will!! Nanananananananaaaaaa!:winnersmiley:

I wish something so trivial didn't bring me such joy. LOL.

Mattsmom277

bwaaa haaa haa! Awesome :)

People like him are the reason I'm worried about getting a handicap parking sign for my new car. I have every right to one and will often appreciate having it I'm certain, but I don't know if I'm going to bother because I put up with a lot but anybody looking wonky at me or daring to make a comment would be in for a earful and it would stress me out.

Class is bred, not born if you Know what I mean?!

InsaneCdn

Mattsmom... carry a cane. see earlier posts for more on this, but... it works. All you have to do is connect your parking tag to YOU by having a visible disability.

Mattsmom277

I know its a simple solution to add a cane so others can believe they perceive me as having a visible disability. But honestly? I'd be mad as hades carrying a cane around and about or even putting one in the car just so others without a clue can think "Oh she has a cane so it's okay for her to use that spot". If I need a cane? Different story. I don't. Mind you at times it would improve my life and improve how long I can do things like shop etc. But I'm not mentally ready to add a cane to my life for those times it might help and carting one about for idiots who believe you can see every illness by looking at someone? Umm, not going to happen for me. I feel no need to explain to dufus's why I'm disabled. I'm much more likely to print business sides cards that say I Have MS and can't be fixed. You have stupid and can't be fixed. Funny you're the one with the visible disability but only "I" need disabled parking your Jerkus. I know I know, no tact in that. But it's how I'd feel lol

DammitJanet

Mattsmom...I was looking for my stool last night online and found the most awesome canes. One has a seat that folds down! I think Im gonna buy one because I got one of those push walker things with wheels and had the seat in it and it was next to useless because pushing that thing was so hard and it was bulky and hard to get in and out of the car. I cant see how pushing anything is doing me a bit of good either. I just wanted somewhere to sit when I got tired and there wasnt a seat handy. Now this cane looks handy.

Oh...get the car tag...actually down here, you can get actual license plates instead of paper hanging window tags if your disability is permanent.

Marguerite

Giving this guy (at least publicly) the benefit of the doubt - he has been concerned that his patients, and others with genuine disabilities, have been getting frozen out of good parking due to lack of disabled spots available to them. So his complaints have led to an increase in disabled spots. Good! Congratulate him for his civil-minedness and compassion for others. If he really was being a turd, such congratulations will stick in his craw. And if he was however misguidedly motivated by concerns for his patients, then he should deserve (and value) your thanks. But form what you have said earlier - that also would stick in his craw.

Good.

I made up my own set of signs to keep in my car and put under the wipers of those who use disabled parking without a permit. My sign says, "Isn't it interesting how much we have in common? We both drive cars. We both have trouble finding parking spaces. We're both disabled - I can't walk properly, you can't read."
I also had in smaller print, "If you are disabled but do not have a permit, get the forms from Roads and Traffic Authority and get your doctor to fill them in. Then you won't need to get rude notes like mine."

Another note I have seen - "You have my parking spot. Would you like my disability too?"
I like to add, "It can be arranged..."

Marg

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Giving this guy (at least publicly) the benefit of the doubt - he has been concerned that his patients, and others with genuine disabilities, have been getting frozen out of good parking due to lack of disabled spots available to them. So his complaints have led to an increase in disabled spots. Good! Congratulate him for his civil-minedness and compassion for others. If he really was being a turd, such congratulations will stick in his craw.
Marg
. Well, if he truly was concerned about his patients, he would not park in the very next available 'regular' space, would he? Nope, he was/is just being a turd! Lol!

Last edited:

InsaneCdn

[QUOTEI'm much more likely to print business sides cards that say I Have MS and can't be fixed. You have stupid and can't be fixed. Funny you're the one with the visible disability but only "I" need disabled parking your Jerkus. I know I know, no tact in that. But it's how I'd feel lol [/QUOTE]

I can't get the icons to work, or I'd have posted a string of ROFL characters!
I understand the feeling...

H

HaoZi

Take your happiness and victories where you can get them, and if it benefits others as well, so much the better.

Marguerite

Well, if he truly was concerned about his patients, he would not park in the very next available 'regular' space, would he? Nope, he was/is just being a turd! Lol!

WE know that! Of course he was being a jerk! But thanking him sweetly for his intervention and self-sacrifice in 'organising' more disabled parking - I'm sure it would send his BiPolar (BP) sky-high.
It's funny, we had a similar incident yesterday at the mall. mother in law and niece were in the car with me and difficult child 3. We found that our usual disabled parking was full (often happens) so I pulled in front of the parked cars there, double parking briefly to let mother in law out. She's very frail and uses a walking frame now, very slow. Niece got out to stay with her to help her. I had hazard lights on. I automatically checked the parked cars for permits - three spaces, only one had a permit! Then I saw the mall worker, possibly security staff. He was working on some paperwork half a level down near the doors. I sent difficult child 3 down to tell him. difficult child 3 was outraged (on our behalf) and I had to remind him to be polite to the nice man. The nice man came right up to us, saw our situation, double-checked all three cars then immediately got on his two-way radio to security main office. A very nice man indeed! Meanwhile I had to go find a parking spot, I ended up one level up and in a "parents with prams" spot (we've been told that disabled permits can use these too - besides, I figured mother in law's walking frame qualified as a pram.)

On our way out later as we were leaving the mall, I told mother in law about your situation, H&R, with the physio jerkface. mother in law was wanting to know what had happened to the two illegal parkers. We were unable to drive past to see, but the usual method is to either issue a fine (although the mall car park is private, the laws don't apply) or to plaster a very adhesive sticker right across the windscreen. The very big sticker (it completely obscures all vision) loudly proclaims to all that this person is an inconsiderate jerk who has come to the attention of mall security. It takes a lot of effort to get this sticker off, you usually have to remove the bit in front of the driver so you can get home and then remove it (so you're driving through the streets with some of the sticker in place) or go to security and ask for help to remove the sticker so you can drive away safely.

We got stickered once. Been fined, too. It was a mistake, our permit had been displayed on a side window and not the front window. The rule was then, it had to be displayed beside the rego sticker and ours was in the side. Since then we keep our permit in the front window. As for the fine - I just had to send them a photocopy of my permit and my statement, and they dismissed it.

Do keep us posted on how jerkfeatures handles this.

Marg