Remember when I said "shhhhhh - we can't talk too loud or....

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by timer lady, Feb 26, 2010.

1. timer lady

timer lady Queen of Hearts

the board jinx will out?"

Will it did & we were whispering. Over the last week kt has missed 4 days of school ~ school district has been calling to see if kt needs hospitalization for stabilization; they are describing her as manic & dissociative (which is it folks - I've never seen both at once).

I'm watching with interest the difficulties kt seems to be experiencing & her menstrual cycle. I've been tracking it since kt got home. There is a correlation.

AND talking with therapist, in home therapist, & Integrated Listening Systems (ILS) worker, we're seeing more depression/anxiety than mania. kt sees psychiatrist this coming Monday; I've asked school district to email a list of their concerns. However, I don't see psychiatrist putting kt in the hospital based on the school's concerns because she isn't being disruptive or physically aggressive. More, she's taking more breaks in the break out room & is by school's therapist description dissociative more than anything.

So never mind about seeing kt as stable as I've ever seen her.....that may happen next month (thank goodness March is less than a week away;)).

2. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

Linda,
    I'm sorry she has been refusing school. It's good she has a psychiatrist appointment coming up on Monday. I'm not surprised you are seeing a correlation between behaviors and her cycle-good for you for keeping track-maybe the doctor will have an idea about what to do about it. Hugs.

3. busywend

busywend Well-Known Member Staff Member

I am sure there is a correlation between the PMS and changes in mood. I can see it with my difficult child every month. She refuses to even take Midol to help it. Sigh.....

I hope KT gets it together soon!

4. JJJ

JJJ Active Member

Kanga has the same problem. She's been on birthcontrol since she was 12 to help smooth out the edges.