Report card vent

Wiped Out

Staff member
Argh!! I have to vent here so I don't fly off the handle with easy child (and believe me I don't really know that she is a easy child at all).

I looked at easy child's report card on line. She is such a bright girl but let her grades go so far down. Last quarter she had an "A" in World History, this quarter, an "F"! She went from a "B" to a "D" in English! Many of her other As went to Cs. She did keep Geometry and Science at Bs and I think maybe an A in Drama. She didn't fail anything for the semester just the quarter but it drives me crazy because she is so bright.

With minimal effort she could be getting As and Bs. She never studies for her finals but gets all As and Bs over the years with the exception of her World History final.

Nothing we say gets through to her, no consequences get through to her. I guess husband and I at are at a point where we don't know what to do short of letting her feel the natural consequences. She'll probably lose her full scholarship she had an opportunity to earn and she so plans on going to college.

Thanks for listening to this vent so I don't lose it at home!!

Josie

I hear you. I will probably be posting the same thing in a few years, except my difficult child doesn't have a full scholarship riding on her grades.

If easy child doesn't get the scholarship, will she have to pay her own way? Or will you just have to pay more?

KTMom91

Miss KT failed the second semester of Biology her freshman year. She made it up the second semester of her sophomore year, but she had to take zero period PE. An entire semester of scampering around a soggy field at 6 am was a learning experience. That was the last class she failed.

Logical consequences can be very enlightening.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Have to ask .......but with a drop that dramatic in grades do you have ANY idea what is going on?

Personal problems?
Drugs?
Boy?

This just screams RED FLAG.....

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm thinking it might be a boy involved here somewhere.........or any change in friends?

Natural conscequences sink in the best and hurt the worst. And you don't have to be the bad guy for a change.

I'm guessing she won't talk to you?

I'm so glad I don't have those worries anymore.

((Hugs))

Wiped Out

Staff member
Fairlyoddparent-If she doesn't earn that scholarship she will need to pay much. We will help with what we can but it won't be much.

Mary-I'm hoping the consequences are enlightening soon before things get much worse.

Star-I agree about the red flag. I think some of it is her depression. Some of it I believe has been friendship problems and some boy problems as well.

Lisa-She doesn't talk much at all to me. She has opened up a bit with husband. She definitely had problems this past quarter with a friend making up rumors about her. This really through her for a loop and then there was the time that all of her friends stopped talking to her for a bit due to the rumors. I agree if it is the natural consequences I don't have to be the bad one anymore.

Thanks everyone, I so appreciate your support. I have stayed very calm with her so far and so has husband.