Report on court yesterday

muttmeister

Well, he is out on a PR bond; didn't cost us anything. I hird a lawyer and they pled him not guilty to the three charges
1. Domestic assault, a class 1 misdemeanor, maximum 1 year in jail, $1000 fine or both
2. Less than 1 ounce of marijuana, an infraction, fine $100
3. Minor in consumption of alcohol, a class 3 misdemeanor, maximum fine 3 monthsin jail and $500 fine or both.

The marijuana charge is not a problem. The alcohol charge may be dropped as he was home when he was arrested and in this state a minor cannot be arrested for having alcohol in his permanent residence. The lawyer is hoping that we can get the other charge reduced as difficult child's wife will go on the stand and admit she lied to the cop. They are going for an evaluation at a spousal abuse clinic Friday; both have doctor's appointments tomorrow to address bipolar issues. We can do marital counseling or whatever if need be; he doesn't have court again till the end of February.

If they can get out of this they are seriously thinking of leaving the state and going to live near difficult child's dad. There are jobs there. If they can get their house sold it is doable. I'm all for it. I'm too old to have all of this drama around the corner from me. Let diagnosis handle it for awhile.

Keep your fingers crossed that we can get him out of this without his going to prison. If he has to serve a short time he will do it in county jail but anything longer than a year he would have to go to the pen. I think he would just pick up more bad ideas there.

I hope his wife realizes what she has done by telling this lie. I can't imagine why he wants to stay with her; I would kick her to the curb so fast her head would swim. But I have been proud of myself as I have managed to glue a fake smile on my face and be nice to her and not express an opinion. So far.... :grrr:

meowbunny

I'm impressed. I think I might be doing more than just saying something to someone who lied and got my daughter put in jail. To not even say anything is truly remarkable. Heck, I'm not so sure that I wouldn't beat the crud out of my daughter if she did that to her husband. To me, some things are just not forgivable and what this girl did is definitely on that list.

It does sound like things are working out for your son. Glad to hear that.

Coookie

Nan,

Coming in late on this but wanted to send you a hug. :frown: It is truly remarkable that you can keep your mouth shut..that is an art I have yet to master. :frown: I hope things with the last charge go well and I also hope they move.. wanting peace after years of turmoil is an understandable desire, especially as another mother of an older difficult child. :smile:

Hugs

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Nan, if you were able to maintain a nod with pursed lips then you win the "PE Bobblehead Mom of the Week" award. :bravo: I've gotten pretty good at being a bobblehead but I'm not sure I could have made it through your week.

Fingers crossed.

Suz

Star*

call 911........call 911
Hi Mutt -

Didn't see this post - sorry.

I wonder - If difficult child wife tells the judge she lied - they COULD put her in jail. Honest.

Keep that in mind -