Resentment toward son and him having a baby on the way

New Leaf

He's taking some initiative himself. So hard to tell though when we are being manipulated, but for now I will take it at face value.

Any day where I can talk in a nice way with Son is a better day.
DM, I am very glad you had a nice talk with your son. Taking it at face value is good, who knows what is going on in his mind, but saying the words is a beginning towards following them. Just the fact that he has changed his attitude towards you and is more respectful is a good thing. It is a better day for both of you. I am happy for you DM. Have a peace filled day and a wonderful weekend.
(((HUGS)))
leafy

Sister's Keeper

Finally, a good day. Put a few bucks on son's account after taking another "break".

No arguing, no demands...a little respect goes a long way, he is learning albeit he's a slow learner.

He said the books I sent him a month ago were good (Man's Search for Meaning Viktor Frankl-and The Five People You Meet in Heaven, I think was the second one, just know it was Mitch Albom). Now he's reading one he said was called, "The Five Languages of love." Said he's trying to learn how to be more caring and loving toward girlfriend. Not sure...seems he still doesn't understand when it comes to his girlfriend, he isn't the only problem. It might help. It shows me he is still caring about the future and making it better, but also shows me he's feeling like all of this is because something to do with him not being good enough for girlfriend--Like he thinks if only he was better to girlfriend, things would get better---something like that...having hard time wording it. He's taking some initiative himself. So hard to tell though when we are being manipulated, but for now I will take it at face value.

Any day where I can talk in a nice way with Son is a better day.

:)

You know, that it pretty much why anyone, and we have ALL been there, stay in bad relationships. It's a self esteem issue.

Really, if we think about it, our loved ones with all these problems, especially substance abuse, would be even more prone to getting involved in dysfunctional relationships. Aside from the basic dysfunction, itself, because water seeks it's own level, we know, underneath it all they are not at all happy with themselves.