Residential Treatment Center (RTC) has gone difficult child

JJJ

I get an e-mail from Residential Treatment Center (RTC)...

Just thought you'd like to know that Kanga is really doing well. She will be starting a volunteer job at a day care center on Monday. She will be helping with the children 7-8 hours per week.

My response....

Are you out of your fragging mind? Kanga likes little boys...for sex. Why in the world would you remotely think this is a good idea? Generating business by creating more victims??? WE ABSOLUTELY DENY PERMISSION for Kanga to participate in this volunteer 'opportunity'. We are just in shock at the breaktakingly stupid lack of thought that went into this latest plan.

Ok, not really how I worded it. I was very professional, reminded then of her previous encounters with pre-pubescent boys and then refused permission for her to participate. I also copied our family case manager (she won't get it until Monday since she is off for the weekend, but when you hear a very loud WHAT???? on Monday morning, that will be her blowing up at the Residential Treatment Center (RTC).

klmno

And people wonder why I think we parents should join together to form a grassroots advocacy plan for completely re-doing our 'system's' approach to dealing with difficult children....

So sorry, JJJ....so glad you are keeping your eyes open.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
OH MY ... <insert chosen deity here>

What in HEAVEN were they THINKING? Oh, no. Never mind, they weren't.

ARGH!

buddy

so glad you found out before she started the voluneer opportunity. how in heck did that happen? wow. (I liked the way you put it here...but I would have done it the other way too)

svengandhi

Wowie! Thank you for caring enough about those little children whom you don't even know and their families to warn them about a possible predator coming into their midst.

I hope they find another "opportunity" for Kanga to be successful that doesn't involve proximity to small boys.

keista

WOW! glad they notified you, glad you're on top of it, and I PRAY they abide by your denial of permission.

ready2run

even without the history of having a problem like that, who the heck would want their kids going to a daycare full of difficult child workers? good way to shut the place down quick.

InsaneCdn

And people wonder why I think we parents should join together to form a grassroots advocacy plan for completely re-doing our 'system's' approach to dealing with difficult children....

Sometimes I wonder if the system doesn't behave the way it does, in order to perpetuate itself.
They push so much back on us warrier parents that we don't actually have the brain-power/man-power/money-power left to really cause a revolution.

Could we do it better? Well... given "current state", probably not hard to make improvements.
But... nobody is looking for long-term savings... its all "today dollars".

JJJ

Got a response...just that the school staff who set up the volunteer opportunity is off due to the holiday and someone will call me on Monday. FYI that school staff person had me fill out a form about what volunteer opportunities I thought would be good for Kanga; I know I put on it "absolutely no work with children or other vulnerable populations".

If they attempt to let her volunteer anyway, I will be calling the day care center directly.

klmno

Good for you! You are looking out for others' best interests as well as hers....and yours!! Good job, Mom!!

JJJ

Good for you! You are looking out for others' best interests as well as hers....and yours!! Good job, Mom!!

It seems that I have spent most of the last 7 years protecting others from her. My family seems to be the only ones that get how very dangerous she is. Every time Residential Treatment Center (RTC) staff tries to sway me with how much she has 'improved', she does something else dangerous. I have no more forgiveness in me, I haven't since her episode in 2009 when she tried to lie to get CPS to take the other kids.

Oh and Kanga wants family therapy "right away". Nah, no longer interested. I will make myself available on the very last day that I have to per her funding requirements. Counting down the days until we are done with this song and dance.

klmno

I feel for you. That would be a horrible experience for a family and you have amazing strength to hang in there with Residential Treatment Center (RTC) and everything else thru it all. I hope someday she can see a fraction of how you have tried to help her and save her from herself.

DammitJanet

I find it interesting the timing of this announcement. The hit you with it on a holiday weekend when you couldnt get up with anyone in charge.

I know that thank you had some label or someone around him of something like SASY or something similar. Can you not get her a label like that since she is so hell bent on sexual promiscuous behavior with anyone who has genitals. It doesnt seem to matter to her whether they are male, female, older or younger, staff or non staff. She just wants to do what she wants. I think she needs some sort of extra care and support so that no one would ever make decisions like this.

susiestar

Roll With It
I hope you will let the director of the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) know that you will hold him/her AND the staff member who assigned kanga to this opportunity responsible for any/all harm that comes to any of the kids that are inflicted with kanga's "care". Also that you will notify the day care if kanga is sent there AND that you will be happy to go visit the daycare and wait for the parents to pick up their kids to tell them what danger their children were put in - and the names of the staff member who thought it was an appropriate opportunity for Kanga, the director of the facility, the facility name, and every other person at the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) and the daycare that you warned about the dangers of having kanga be around kids. Heck, tell them you will print out flyers with their info on it to give to parents of the kids at the daycare.

This will TERRIFY the director even if it doesn't scare the staff idiot. That kind of info really hits bureaucrats where they live - by making them the target of a lawsuit over setting up children to be molested by a minor under the care of the Residential Treatment Center (RTC). It will probably put a stop to any "opportunities" for her to be around kids - which is what you want.

I am sorry you have to keep dealing with this. I wouldn't have any forgiveness for her either, not after so many years of the same old koi. I am SURE that the timing was deliberate - they had to know that you would object, and on the weekend you can't get anyone. I would NOT be surprised if this is some attempt to get her into a situation where she would face criminal charges so that they could get her off of their funding stream and onto the Department of Juvenile Justice funding stream AND to get her out of their hair. Maybe to try to get her charged as an adult and placed somehwere behind bars until she is a bit older than 18. But it is an AWFUL scheme if that is the goal because a child has to be really hurt in order for that to happen.

But maybe I am too cynical and none of that was the motive behind this "job" and the timing of it.

B

Bunny

I would be willing to be my last dollar that the director of the day care center has no idea about Kanga's history and that the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) has no intentions of telling him or her, whatever the case may be.

I agree with you. If the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) allows her to "volunteer" there the director needs to be notified immediately that the kids are in danger. She has proven time and time again what she is capable of, and why they are allowing her this "opportunity" is beyond me.

How old is Kanga now? Is the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) trying to re-integrate her back into society?