Residential Treatment Center (RTC) update

hamsterwheel

Well difficult child has been in Residential Treatment Center (RTC) for 4 days now and I can't believe I'm saying this, but she's doing well and so am I.

Gone are the days of sitting at work waitng for the phone to ring. Gone are the days of taking lunch at 2pm in case it did. (so I can get to the school and back without having to tell my boss why)

She calls me nightly" just so you know I'm ok mommy" I get to talk to her for a whole 5 minutes if I'm lucky cause she wants to go back to her new "friends".

This is a child when at home did what she wanted, when she wanted at whatever cost and now can't even use the bathroom without permission and loves it?!

I know it's the honeymoon period, but she wants change, tired of living life the way it was and boy am I glad. I was exhausted. Not glad that she's there, but glad things are changing.

Her clinician says difficult child has moved off of red alert and has moved to yellow status (more privledges) and I can take her out to lunch this weekend.

The hard work is yet to come, but for now all is well.

Thanks for being here, don't know what I would have done otherwise.

smallworld

I'm glad to hear your difficult child is settling in well. I hope the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) stay brings real change and progress for all of you.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
This is good news. I think the new friendships develop quickly because our kids get so very lonely out in the "real" world; in Residential Treatment Center (RTC) there are like kids with like diagnosis's.

Don't be surprised when things change a bit - for better than for worse before you difficult child evens out.

In the meantime, enjoy the peace at home, rebuild your strength & social life. It's important to have a life outside of your difficult child.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
It's good that you are able to relax a bit!

Hang in there, though...after these first few "rosy" days, your difficult child may well change her mind about how much she loves it. Don't be worried...just be prepared in case something like that happens.

Meanwhile, do something nice for yourself. Take care of you! And let the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) take care of worrying about difficult child for a while...

--DaisyFace

DDD

Great news! Sounds like you are prepared for the next steps while enjoying the honeymoon. I think we all forget what "normal living" is like
as we are so involved in difficult child living. Glad you are chilling. DDD