Resolutions?

Just a little side note about chihuahuas.

husband and I spent some time in Chihuahua a few years back. It's the starting point for the Copper Canyon train that runs through the interior of Mexico, along the Copper Canyon , to Los Moches on the Mexican coast. (The Copper Canyon is the Mexican version of the Grand Canyon here in the States).

We didn't see an unusual number of the little guys, but we were told on one of our tours that they were bred for food back in the day. EWWWW.... Now they raise cattle in the state, and they are known for their delicious beef. Still, I wonder...

goldenguru

Barb - You just crack me right up.

I wanted to suggest a book I read a few months back. It was entitled "Not Buying It: My Year Without Shopping" by Judith Levine.

This lady (I think she's a journalist) and her live in boyfriend decide to embark on a one year odyssey of not spending ANY money except on absolute bare necessities? Is deodorant a necessity? How about new underwear? How about jarred pasta sauces?

It's quite a read and hits on the very theme of which you speak.

I highly recommend it.

I would just like everyone to know that I did three sit ups today.

Count 'em.

Three.

That's three more than none.

Tomorrow?

I may go for the big 04.

:smile:

That is how I got to be a karate person, guys.

Start slow.

No particular goal other than something entirely manageable.

You will be surprised where those three little sit ups take me.

I will keep you posted.

Right now?

It's between a yoga class, karate, or another ballet class.

We'll see.

It all starts with those three little sit ups every morning.

Something about doing that changes our brains about what else we might be capable of.

Try it.

Barbara