respite worker?

Jena

hi everyone

hope everyone had a good calm sunday. our's was pretty good. spent day at the park with difficult child, she loves the park. we called one of her school friends, another little girl who experiences great deal of anxiety and the kids had a blast. difficult child was covered in sand and dirty just like a kid should be.

so i went to therapy today and it as rough, that's a whole other post lol. anyhow she works for county as a therapist and their looking for a respite worker. she asked if i was interested and said she thinks i'd be very good at it. so, i said sure i would be. she explained what the job would entail basically giving the parent a break and taking the child outside the home and doing some sort of activity with them. she felt i'd be perfect from handling difficult child for years and also that i had taught special needs class years ago. she said in time it could lead to a parent advocate position, once someone there leaves.

i asked what the requirements would be since my bachelor's isn't complete yet she said she'd check into it yet an associates in early childhood which i have would be sufficient. here's hoping :) i need a job........

mstang67chic

Going Green
Keeping my fingers crossed! And yes, she's right. You would be perfect for the job. husband tried to get me to apply for a job at an Residential Treatment Center (RTC) type facility but personally I wanted no part of it. LOL I figured I go to work to get AWAY from that kind of stuff and I need that. But if you think it would be a good match...go for it!!!!

Jena

thanks! I thought the same thing at first, my first gut reaction was hmmm...... yet the thought of being able to hopefully give another a parent a break and truly help someone and be able to make some money appealed to me very much. cause sometimes it's all we require is just getting some sort of break.