Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Lothlorien, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Lothlorien

Lothlorien Active Member Staff Member

I haven't used them before, but somewhere (I thought it was an email, but when I went back to look at the email it was gone), I saw a 90% off code.

I got $100 worth of gift certificates for a nice place near us for $5.

The coupon code is "Wow"

Date night here we come!!!
  2. ThreeShadows

ThreeShadows Quid me anxia?

Loth, I would love to hear if you are satisfied with what you get. I've hesitated to do this because I never trust a good deal. I wish I weren't such a cynic...
  3. gcvmom

gcvmom Here we go again!

I've used the service a couple of times for local restaurants that we've been to before and have not been disappointed at all. Thanks for the tip, Loth. I'll check out that code!
  4. CrazyinVA

CrazyinVA Well-Known Member Staff Member

Once you're on their mailing list, they'll send you coupon codes all the time. I get at least one email a week from them now! They're definitely legit and totally worth it. I've purchased and used their gift certificates with no problem at all.
  5. gcvmom

gcvmom Here we go again!

Well, I bought three certificates last night :) One is a $50 certificate that normally sells for $20, and with the 90% off WOW promo, I paid only $2. So the net effect is $48 in free food, with a minimum purchase of $35 at this particular restaurant, which happens to be a really nice one that we've been to before, and I know husband and I won't have any trouble using the full amount.

I also found a restaurant near his office that has a lower minimum purchase of $15, so I bought the $20 certificate for 40 cents and he could easily go there with a pal for lunch.

Most of the restaurants are independents (ie not part of a chain, though a few are part of smaller local chains).