Restasis side effects?

N

Nomad

I'm having trouble with dry eyes due to autoimmune issues. But its weird, 'cause my right eye is much worse than my left. I wake up every morning with it burning. I put gel in it at night and drops all day long.

I heard a rumor that Restasis causes side effects. So, I thought I would ask if anyone here is on Restasis and if it caused any issues at all for you? Was it helpful?

I recall someone here said they did the plugs. Did that help?

Thank you.

mom_to_3

I use restasis and I've not had any negative side effects. I have fairly severe dry eyes too due to graves eye disease. These drops work so much better than over the counter for me. hth

InsaneCdn

I have no medical reason for dry eyes... but one is definitely worse than the other.
Our (latest) optometrist noticed that I tend to have plugged up oil-ducts in my eyelids... which means my eyes don't have enough "oil".

I use hot compresses daily (tap water as hot as I can stand, and a facecloth... keep re-heating and re-applying for 5 mins), and an eye-lid massage twice a day. It isn't perfect but it does help.

flutterby

Fly away!
The only side effect I had from restasis was a gritty feeling in my eyes for about 15 minutes after putting the drops in - not painful, but kind of annoying. It was worth it, though.