Results of Juvie meeting

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Oh, and the principal is resigning. And her resignation has been accepted and is final. Woot woot. Altho she had come to realize she didn't have a CLUE what she was doing and was letting things be, but still...she's been a mjor thorn in the side since we've been dealing with her. Just hope her replacement is not worse. (but honestly, that's a chance I'm willing to take!)

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
OK, so this is 2 principals in 2 years? Sounds like the SD has bigger issues than even I am willing to contemplate...

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I'm doing well. Having a lot more pain now than I had, but I think its because I'm moving a lot more than I was (I have a lot more motion in the ankle itself now - its not as limited). So I am taking that as a good thing.

Getting better every day, and oh, so thankful.

Thanks for the prayers.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
OK, so this is 2 principals in 2 years? Sounds like the SD has bigger issues than even I am willing to contemplate...

No, actually, 3. Last year's principal was a first year principal - and he left because of the red tape He said he wanted to help kids, and he just felt like he couldn't at that level (at least in this district). The principal from the year before left, tho, too. And I wasn't sorry to see him go, either. That was Pretty Boy, and I hope the door did hit him in the ____ on the way out. He's the one that first put Wee on partial days - illegally, but he got it done, nonetheless.

DDD

Thanks goodness. Doubled. I'm so glad that incident is over and the Principal is history. DDD

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
WOW, just wow... I missed the interim guy while wrapped up in my own koi. Sheesh.

(Well, here, the principal that, when husband got full custody, told husband that BM was allowed to come in and give Jett drugs with-o husband's knowledge or consent - this guy is now superintendent.)

Marguerite

It is a worry, Step - sometimes the worst idiots actually get promoted. It's because they're being promoted away from dealing with kids personally on any level. Here, I clashed big time with local Special Education district office staff who were a major headache. At difficult child 3's last mainstream school I got on really well with the staff and we were working well for difficult child 3. Then District staff blocked my access to the autism outreach teacher (told me that yes, the number I had just read out was her correct one - and they knew it was wrong; also said yes, we will tell her you're trying to contact her - and did not) and then when I turned up at the school to see her 'on spec' when I knew she would be there, I was told by District that I had to leave. Was threatened with the cops being called. I should have let them (and called the media to watch!), because I already had a note (thank goodness for the Communication Book!) from the principal and class teacher inviting me to be there.

Shari, I'm glad this was dropped. I'm doubly glad the cow is leaving.

Marg

H

HaoZi

Wonderful news Shari! Hope your ankle gets used to the increased motion again soon!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Actually, you probably didn't miss him, Step. He was a character in last year's story. lol But he had a very minor roll. He was new to admin, and his heart was in the right place. He tried really hard, and backed down when he figured out he was out of his league, which is probably why you don't recall him. He had a pretty minor roll and I don't think I mentioned him a whole lot.

I had PT after my initial post, and have stressed another tendon, so I have to back off a bit. Kinda not happy about that, especially given its the weekend and I'm reduced to my chair again, but, its part of it. Some of these tendons haven't moved in so long, stressing them is easy to do. Kicker is to keep from getting full blown tendonitis in them as I work thru it.

susiestar

Roll With It
Glad they have closed the case. THRILLED that principal is quitting. the district has some major problems to have 3 principals in 2 yrs. The principal can make a huge difference in the entire school.

I hope the new principal is awesome, or at least willing to listen to you!

Sorry about the pain and tendon issues. It is a balancing act. I hope you feel better soon!!!