Resurrection - Good Free Choice Friday Morning!!

LittleDudesMom

:bigsmile: Good Morning Warrior Parents!

You know, it's kinda sad that we've stopped doing the good morning post. It used to be you couldn't come on the board and not see something bright and positive in the good morning post. Many members find their way to the General Forum and stick around for a while without perusing the rest of the site. It's usually crisis, frustration, extreme need, etc., that brings new folks here. It was always nice to see something positive within the sea of need, questions, etc..

So, here's an old fashioned good morning post!

Got tons of sleep - in bed by 9 last night and awake at 4:45 - I usually get about 5.5 or 6 hours at the most! Haven't mentioned this yet, but I'm now working four days a week at the office instead of two. It's a really stressful time right now because our property manager/bonehead's assistant left the 29th to have a baby - she will not return. I have stepped in and am now doing in four days what took she and I 7! She worked 6 hours a day, five days a week and I worked 6 hours a day twice a week. I am now working 6 hours a day, four days a week and trying to do everything! I'm trying to not work on Fridays....but we'll see....... We will also see how long bonehead (my ex for those of you who don't know) and I can work this closely...:sigh:

Going to try and get a lot done today around the house - supposed to be a rainy weekend - kinda looking forward for an excuse for some down time!

Hope your Friday is a good one!!

Sharon

Rabbit

Good Morning . Hope everyone has a Great day! Nothing much new here.
Sharon- Try not to work too Hard.! Hugs Rabbit :mornincoffee:

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Sharon- It's wonderful to see your upbeat post this morning! Have a great day. :)

I'll be doing cleaning in anticipation of the Girl Scouts coming over this evening for a meeting. I wish the weather were cooperating, it would be nice to meet outdoors but we're under threat of thunderstorms and cooler temps. So... I'm off to fight the battle of the dust bunny, lol!

Have a great day! :salute:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning!!

Sharon-I've missed the morning post (even though most mornings I'm gone to boot camp so can't post but I miss reading what everyone is up to and posting when I have the chance)! Sounds like you will really enjoy the weekend ahead with all of the work you are doing!!

Rabbit-Hope your day is a fantastic one!!

TM-I have no doubt that being the wonderful warrior mom you are you will beat those dust bunnies! Hope the meeting goes well!

I've just found out how much I hate being with-out a computer at home!! A storm on Wednesday took out our router. husband went last night to get a new one! Work today and then who knows?

Wishing everyone a peaceful day!!

Malika

Do all moderators here have to be called Sharon? :)
I agree it is good to see something "uplifting" as well as the difficulty and despair that people are feeling. Here the sun is shining and I have no work today - the joy (and glorious uncertainty) of being a free-lancer. So I am in shameless holiday mode - reading a book by Joy Fielding (translated into French!), a silly but gripping thriller, painted a door, exchanged a flurry of text messages with my ex-husband in Morocco - we get on nicely that we are no longer married - and contemplated the "lived-in" feel of my sitting room, deciding whether today would be the day I would spring clean it... A thoroughly insignificant agenda! This morning J was in easy child mode and did everything I asked without fuss, going off excitedly to school as on Friday mornings they all go swimming. A Spiderman jacket has arrived in the post for him from my mother and he will be excited about that.
May today be a good one for you all and equally full of enjoyment of the small things of life.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning all,

Sharon, hope you get your down time this weekend.

Rabbit, love how you bring in those magnificent colors to this thread. It cheers me every time I see it.

TM, goodness ~ cleaning before a girl scout mtg. That seems a bit strange; I'd save the cleaning for after the girls left. :)

Sharon (wiped), you're one committed (should be committed) woman for doing the boot camp each & every morning.

Malika, your day sounds marvelous. I can't get past TM's dust bunnies yet alone paint a door.

My sister & brother in law arrived in town last night to visit my niece who's been living with me the past week with her dog. My niece, T, is diagnosis'd with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) & is convinced she has rabies to the point where I took her to ER & she asked for the vaccines. That didn't happen. I stepped in as mom in the ER & told the MD I wouldn't want my child exposed to the vaccine unless absolutely necessary. I think T may be a bit agitated with me ~ she's the one who asked me to come along.

T is back home so I have a day of relative peace. kt does school online & her Integrated Listening Systems (ILS) staff will be in at noon to help her navigate classes. I have a therapist appointment for myself this afternoon. Lenny loves going to see therapist as she's gotten him his own little water dish & keeps treats there for him. After appointment, I'm hoping to head out to the garden center & find a cure for creeping charlie. I believe I may have to set off TNT to really get rid of this stuff. It's that or change my mindset to believe it really is a pretty little plant with purple flowers. Hmmmmm

jennd23

Good morning! I'm still pretty new around here but I like to come and read several times a day. Almost comforting LOL

Nothing exciting here, my son was in rare form this morning too, got ready great, brushed his hair and teeth without asking. Made himself a turkey sandwich for breakfast and lunch. He's been eating turkey sandwiches like I've never seen lately. I think one of his obsessions is foods. Some weeks its waffles 24/7, this week its turkey sandwiches.

Nothing planned for the weekend yet. Looking forward to a quiet evening doing nothing ;)

Marguerite

G'day people.

It's Saturday here now, early hours and I need to get to bed. My Friday was productive indeed. We began by going in to school for a one-on-one lesson for difficult child 3 while I was in a meeting discussing a new staff appointment. We were late - there was a crisis in Sydney this morning, a bloke was protesting on Sydney harbour Bridge, deliberately times to disrupt traffic. But the cops did a good job resolving the problem and traffic cleared up pretty well for most of us.

After we finished at school, we headed back to easy child 2/difficult child 2's to help her sort out a college problem, she's been mucked around badly by her teachers and we're kicking rear ends, hard. She is now seeing the value of follow-through and keeping a paper trail going. This will get results for her, plus her complaints for the last year have now been vindicated, big time. Her reputation is restored.

husband collected mother in law's car from the repair shop, they had tidied up some accumulated dings for her. Now to keep the car looking pristine! Not easy, with a family of possums living in mother in law's garage, and piddling all over the car every day!

It's cold tonight, winter is definitely here.

Enjoy your Friday.

Marg