Ring, Ring - Hello Ms. Star? Teacher here.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I know what you're all thinking - because well - I was thinking it too. What I was thinking when the school called was .

HOW IN THE BLUE MOON DO YOU GET KICKED OUT OF ADULT ED....emphasis on the word A-D-U-L-T. ARGH.....the nerve of this kid, no WONDER they all wear those stupid baggy britches - huge cajones have to go somewhere - DANG IT....BRRRRRr....GRRRRRRRR. (fit, fit, fit, kick foot, roll eyes, exhale in a peeved off manner) and then.......and THEN????

all that above was from the time I picked up the reciever and heard "Good afternoon Ms. Star, I'm Dude's teacher can I talk a little bit........(and then the rest is what the dog hears and the above description) and me getting visions of knots in my eyes, and pulling my bottom lip up OVER my head and pulling my ears off so I don't have to listen to the TEACHER (insert vomit sound for just the word teacher makes me want to barf anymore) and my heart races, and I get upset to my stomach, and i think I forget to breath - and when your mind is going at the speed of light - you hear........those dreaded words.....those anticipated words, you know the ones, you've all heard them before....and the teacher says

He's doing so well in school. And you actually have to ask the man to repeat that because....because.....Well because dang it - I was prepared for "He's not doing so well, and we're sending him home, kicking him out, calling the cops, beating him with a weasle and a tea cup.....or some other dumb thing they say that makes no sense but you have to listen because yelling SHUT UP I KNOW HE's KICKED OUT would be rude.

But NOooooooo what does this man do? He tells me that Dude is REALLY trying, IS WONDERFUL to teach, IS COMING RIGHT ALONG, IS buckling down, IS ready for a pre ged test, is a joy to have.....

And now I'm not sure If I want to smack him - or hug him.

I was sooooooooo prepared for the kicked out thing. :puppet:

I nearly didn't hear - the GOOD thing. LOL - :talkhand:And got stuck somewhere between this and that. :abouttime::kisses:

Good grief NOW even when it IS good news I'm just :windy: Blown away. LOL.

Got to find that remote to turn off the negative thought projections.

Just thought you'd like some good news from Dude for a change board Aunties.

KTMom91

Oh, wow...how cool is that? Congrats to Dude...and I'm glad you didn't hang up on Teacher...just as a reflex action, of course!

Andy

How wonderful! To hear good news from a teacher helps make the day. One day when I was upset and couldn't see anything good with difficult child at school, the teacher told me, "difficult child does fine much of the time. He does have friends at school. You only hear the bad things from him and what do you usually hear from me? The Negative stuff!" We don't usually get the good reports, just the frustrating ones.

Enjoy your good news! :)

Estherfromjerusalem

Star,

I was so happy to read that. Isn't it awful how conditioned we always are that when someone phones us to tell us about our difficult child, we immediately expect to hear the worst! How wonderful for you -- you deserve to have positive feedback, you are such a caring mother and you put so much effort into your Dude. I'm proud to be one of his board aunties.

Love, Esther

meowbunny

I'm sorry the teacher gave you such a scare. Glad you managed to hear what he was saying. Give the Dude a hug from all of us. It's good to hear one of ours is doing well.

gottaloveem

Damn Girl!!!! LOL!!!!

I can so relate to that. You have no idea. I heard from every teacher at every school from the time Alex was in kindergarten till alternative school. I also sat there just thinking OK, cut the formalities lets just get down to it, do I have to come in? All the while with my heart pounding, my palms sweating, my blood pressure rising.

My younger son has had a few phone calls home since 9th grade, they aren't terrible things, he has had a few Saturday schools for nonsense behavior. Or sometimes he calls from the school to let me know that he is staying after. But when I see that phone number on my caller ID. My head starts pounding, my stomach gets in knots, my palms sweat. AAHAHH!! PTSD!

Anyways, I am so glad that Dude is doing well. What a relief. You must be very proud of him. Tell him to keep up the good work from this board auntie! I have told my son that the only phone calls home I want from now on is like the one you just described.

I loved your post, it really made me chuckle because I know exactly how you feel. Gave me a good memory of my Al too! Although at those times, I don't think I was thinking they were such good memories.

Love ya,
Lia

Hip Hip Hooray!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Go Dude!! Heck, when J was home I NEVER answered the phone if I saw it was a school number.

Tell Dude all his board aunties are rooting for him.

Abbey

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I got one of those emails once. I can still tell you who sent it, what class, what grade, and pretty close to a date.

Enjoy!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Yeah - you know I was at WORK and when I saw the school number I let it ring and heard from 2 men in the office who BOTH have phones -

IS SOMEONE GOING TO GET THAT??? How difficult child are they? lol.

So I did answer - and after? I thought - Yeah!!!! (insert silent cheer something to the effect of go Dude)

Then exhale.....exhale, exhale - and my own personal version of desk yoga - you know Dog faces sun? Mine is similar except you place both hands on each side of your face, and pull back until you nearly expose your gums and sit there hoping when you let go your skin stays there.

:sheepish:

everywoman

Yeah dude. Yeah teacher for truely understanding that within this young man is the son that Star has always knows she's had. Hope he writes a letter for court.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Paula -

I was going to do dog facing down - but I can't get back up - lol.

Maybe I should have called it - Marshmallow in a campfire? That's usually how school officials left me feeling - burnt on the outside, charred to a crisp and my insides all melted.

Anymore - I thought I couldnt' be phased, but it only takes one phone call to know how vulnerable I am. Big 200+ lb. warrior mom reducted to marshmallow fluff by a teacher 25 years my junior - Yeahp Yeahp yeahp that's about right.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
:holymoly::rofl::rofl: (you had me going to til right up to the end)

I so hope you tell Dude that his board Aunties are MEGA PROUD of him!!! OMG! That is HUGE news!! Too wonderful. and I hope it lasts and lasts.

Way To Go Dude!!:whistle::jumphappy:

ChefPaula1965

Oh my aching back!!
Star.. we should invent a "yoga" type thing for those of us that can't get up off the floor!! I like your marshmallow idea..
here is another idea..
when the schools used to call for Andre I had the "Stiff as a board shoulder" excercise... phone rings.. shows shcool phone nmbr shows on caller id.. shoulders and jaw become very very stiff.... insides melt... omg what now??? when i get the news from the teacher/principle/school bus drive it is SSDD..... call over.. hand up... shoulders melt... jaw melts.. mommy shakes head........... what do you think about that one?
lol

rejectedmom

Isn't it a shame how we always feel the need to brace ourselves when the phone rings? Glad it was Good News for a change. ENjoy the feeling! -RM