Roaster Oven - What did I do wrong?

meowbunny

Used the oven roaster for the turkey and it ended up delicious BUT ....

The turkey was all done, the wings were nice and brown. The bottom half of the turkey looked perfectly yummy. The top was WHITE! I don't mean a little brown, I mean as white as when it went in, as white as when it was sitting waiting to go into the oven, as white as when it was defrosting. I finally gave up and popped it into the regular oven for 30 mins and it browned right up. So, what do I do to get a pretty, brown turkey next time?

Other than that glitch, the meal came out great -- even the store-bought side dishes weren't too bad, especially when I added some of my spices to them.

Oh, found the most wonderful, easy, delicious sweet potato recipe at foodnetwork.com -- bourbon pecan smashed potatoes by Rachel Ray. This dish is to die for!

DammitJanet

We always take ours out and brown it in the oven for a little bit after we roast it.

We roast ours overnight on slow heat so it is really moist and tender and then we pop it into the oven right before its time to eat so it gets that nice brown and crispy look. This is the perfect time to put those foil bathing suit tops and bikini bottoms on it!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
The breast of my turkey browns a tad but not much in the roaster. But my family could careless if it is browned or not. All they want to do is eat it, not look at it. (in their words lol)

I'm glad your turkey turned out yummy and dinner was a success. :thumb:

I did my dinner today and even with the two cooks having not slept, it turned out just fine. :smile:

Hugs