Rocky few days

susiestar

Roll With It
Just got back from the ER. I started a migraine on the 8th and it kept getting worse. At one point I thought it was gone, but it must have just taken a coffee break. I tried to eat and take my medications, and that was not good. After spending the night with nonstop vomiting, I had husband take me to the ER.

Took a ton of medications, but they got the migraine stopped, and made my system stop heaving. I am going to take a nap now. At least our insurance became effective 9/1 and will cover this.

I do want to warn you ALL to not let anyone give you phenergan (also called promethazine) by iv or injection. The nurse told me that they have learned that this can completely tear up your veins and cause serious problems. They gave me another medication, one similar to zofran. As it was only a few months ago that I was given phenergan by iv for a similar migraine situation, I don't know how widespread the knowledge of this problem is. I don't want any of you to end up with damaged veins due to this medication.

off to sleep.

T

TeDo

Hope you're feeling better and that the migraine doesn't come back any time soon. Thanks for the warning about phenergen. I don't have to worry about it because it makes me vomit even more along with other "sick" symptoms. They've tried it twice and have told me to list it as an allergy because of how sick it makes me so I'll never get it again.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Glad to hear you are feeling better - and O.M.G. about phenegran......they give that to me all the time when I get migraine shots - but not no more........THANKS again susie......*