"roller derby" and "skate session" ?

IKeepPraying

Hmmm, never heard of it..but what comes to mind with skate session is cocaine because of the mirrors and razor blades that are used..roller derby may be smoking a joint because they roll it. Man, its like us parents have to be detectives or code busters, I do it all the time with my son. Good luck

Nancy

It is referring to some type of drug party. My difficult child was invited to a "roller derby" and the person said it's been a long time since they had a "skate session". I've heard this term used before with some kids in difficult child's school but I don't know what kind of drug it's referring to.

Nancy

Nancy

Yes I'm quite sure. My difficult child thought he was inviting her to a roller skating party and he laughed and told her it was code. He is big into drugs.

Nancy

susiestar

Roll With It
I can't find any info on it. Sorry. I did find, in the Online Slang Dictionary, a most colorful term for freaking out. Anyone want to add "sh** a cold purple Twinkie" to their vocab??

It certainly would describe some of the times I have seen people freak out over very little.

Can't you imagine our kids' faces if we told them, as they entered a rage, "Don't sh** a cold purple Twinkie!" I think it would be priceless, at least once!

Susie

Mikey

Psycho Gorilla Dad
Well, I could hazard a guess...

"Roll" is a common name for Ecstasy. "Rolling" is a term for using X. My son has often said "That person is so stupid, they rolled themselves into brain damage", meaning they've used too much X and now have permanent damage.

So, and again it's a guess, a "roller derby" could be some kind of party where X will be available. Maybe a rave, or some such?

Also, I've found several references to "skate sessions" that seem to imply when a group of skateboarders get together somewhere to skate (usually, some place they shouldn't be, like an office complex, parking garage, etc.) Since most of the "Sk8tr Boi's" I've run across with McWeedy were also drug fiends, the two could go hand in hand. "Roller Derby" could also go along with that skateboard theme, but that wouldn't necessarily mean drugs weren't also involved.

Not much, but it's all I could find on short notice.

Mikey

Nancy

Thanks Mikey, I suspected it was X. The skating thing is not about skateboarding, although I know that skaters talk that way. These are not skaters. This was how the invite read:

"i'm throwing a very little completley dry "roller derby". just a few people, no big event, close friends only. it's been awhile since i've had a good "skate" session, and i'd like to go balls deep without worrying about responsible [as in cleaning the house, and taking care of projectile vomit]."

If you find out anything else let me know.

Nancy

Nancy

OK I called some people who called other people and foudn out that it is X, roller, roller derby, skates, skating, all refers to X. Good to know.

Nancy

Ephchap

Nancy, I must be out of the loop (thankfully) because I had never heard that term. I did ask a few people at work who have teens, and they all thought it had to do with pot or ecstasy.

Glad you found it.

Hugs,
Deb

susiestar

Roll With It
While I am glad you got the info, I am sorry you are faced with the entire thing.

hugs,

Susie

ps. I have a younger cousin who used to skate all the time, even competitively. There was a LOT of ecstasy going through the roller rink - even when her MOM was there!

gottaloveem

Sorry you are going through this Nancy. Now that you mentioned vomit, I believe people tend to throw up when the are using ecstasy. It's a very scary drug. I take it she missed out on the "roller derby"?

Nancy

Well so far she has not rsvp'd to the invite. It's this Saturday so we'll see what plans she tries to make. No way will she be allowed out anywhere where we can't verify.

Her car is still taken away as is her phone. Things are getting a little better. She seems to be giving up the friends who where providing the pot and helping her to make some poor choices and she's slowly going back to her old good friends. She says she is 100% clean now since Feb 24 and intends to stay that way and she only did pot a few times anyway.

I'm crossing my fingers but keeping my eyes wide open.

Nancy

DDD

I suppose those terms could mean any number of things. The first ideas that came into my mind were "roller" = rolling joints. "Skate" = ice.

It will be interesting to see what the final answers are. Sure glad you are on top of it as her judgement is so variable. Fingers crossed. DDD

gottaloveem

Her car is still taken away as is her phone. Things are getting a little better. She seems to be giving up the friends who where providing the pot and helping her to make some poor choices and she's slowly going back to her old good friends. She says she is 100% clean now since Feb 24 and intends to stay that way and she only did pot a few times anyway.

I'm crossing my fingers but keeping my eyes wide open.

Nancy

Glad to hear that things are better.:D