Roller skates ??

DDD

GFGmom is dropping off difficult child and her little difficult child daughter at 6:30 Christmas morning. Little difficult child is hyper like her Mom and gets bored very quickly. I bought a Cabbage Patch doll for her but I need to buy something that she can play with outside. She's 6, very limber and only has vision in one eye.
She rides a bike at "her house".

What's the "latest" in rollerskates? She does NOT take care of her things so I don't want to invest in big bucks. I grew up with metal skates that attached to your shoes and a key that you wore around your neck. My kids had plastic shoe skates when they were little. One older grandchild had leather boot skates.

Any input? Maybe I'll just buy sidewalk chalk! :D

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
It is inline skates now. Actually you can sometimes get them really inexpensive but you could always go with a jump rope and side walk chalk. Or even a hula hoop. Or one of those jumper things you attatch to one ankle and it spins to jump with the other foot. I have no idea what they are called.

just a couple of ideas for ya.

beth

susiestar

Roll With It
Arg. I had a post and I lost it.

I think that heelies are the "cool" thing here, but they are expensive. Maybe an ad in Craigslist would get you a used pair for cheap?

For outside toys I would do sidewalk chalk, a hula hoop, the ankle thing Beth suggested (they light up now!), or even a ribbon several feet long attached to a 12" to 18" stick or dowel rod. She can wave it around like they do in Olympics, they are fun to watch.

Otherwise, give her some white shirt, put her in OLD clothes,, put the shirts on the grass and give her a couple of spray bottles with food coloring and water in them. Let her spray and create gifts. The shirts can look REALLY cool. Just soak them in cool water with salt before you wash them.

Star*

call 911........call 911
D3,

Family dollar here has a little netting bag with pads, helmet and skates that you slip your shoes in (inlines). They seem to be about $10. Not bad for a disposable time toy.

Kmart sells nicer ones for kids. Dude wants these for Christmas = he is the best skater I have ever seen in my life. He is like a mist on a wood floor with inlines - but his were stolen at last group home. He will wear the regular skates just to get a chance to go skating but I could just watch him dance and move all night.

Maybe - a day at the skating rink locally - rental/cheap - ???

Bowling?

It's been a while since I watched a 6 year old.

A zoo? The beach collecting and decorating shells for Christmas ornaments?

And I'll join you in that "toast" of spirits - AFTER she's gone....lol.

meowbunny

They're called "skip-its." They were my daughter's favorite toy and she still talks about how much she loved it. Played with it from age 6 to age 12. I'd definitely make that very high on my list of things to get.

The shoe skates are pretty hot. Target sells Bratz Shoe Skates for around $18.00.