S/O's friend was murdered :(

Mattsmom277

S/O and I went out to pick up some food for our new years eve party. When we arrived home we were told by easy child that s/o's mother had called. She said she sounded upset and had asked S/O to call her because she had news to give him.

His friend since childhood was murdered in the wee hours this morning in his apartment, apparently by his roommate. The roommate called police and said he'd stabbed his roommate to death and when police arrived, something happened involving the man having a knife, waving it and the other details have not been released. The police shot the man and he later died at the hospital of his injuries.

This family had 2 sons. The eldest killed himself many years ago. Now this.

I only met this man once at the lake when we ran into him. S/O and he haven't stayed in close contact for a few years due to living in separate cities. They did reach out through calls a few times a year for the past few years to maintain their friendship. They've known each other since before kindergarten.

I feel so horrible for this family. And honestly for the family of the roommate who killed him. They too have lost a loved one.

My poor S/O. He just looks pale and has grown quiet, his way I guess. :(

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Oh, how awful! My sincere sympathies to S/O and the man's family. What a horrible thing to have to endure!

susiestar

Roll With It
I am so sorry. What an awful thing to endure as a parent or loved one. It is a tragedy for all involved. Keeping you, SO and the families in my prayers.

DDD

The unexpected nature of his violent death probably will result in alot of quiet time for S/O. If there is any way for him to attend the services it probably will help. My husband missed the funeral of a friend thirty years ago due to business. I attended as I was friends with his wife as well. Even after all these years my very quiet husband says every few years "I should have gone to his funeral and forgotten about the business." There has never been closure.

I feel sorry for all those involved and pray that some form of peace or acceptance is found in the near future. Hugs. DDD