Sad...But True

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Hello All--

My daughter (difficult child) is a beautiful girl with an extensive wardrobe. Of course, you'd never know it to look at her--doesn't like to shower, doesn't fix her hair, and despite having a closet full of pretty dresses, skirts, nice sweaters, etc etc--she wears the same three or four T-shirts with jeans over and over and over again (Yes, the same girl who needs to know the exact temperature before she decides what to wear in the morning...20 degrees? Hmmm, I guess a T-shirt and jeans...60 degrees? Hmmm, I guess a T-shirt and jeans...85 degrees? Hmmm, I guess a T-shirt and jeans.).

I have begged her on numerous occassions to wear one of her nice outfits. eg.--It's your school presentation today...how about wearing a skirt? It's your orchestra concert..how about wearing one of your pretty dresses? We're going out for a nice dinner...how about putting on your nice sweater? To no avail...

So this morning, difficult child leaves for school showered, her hair is fixed and she has chosen a wear a sweater and a plaid skirt. Wow! What's the occassion?

Turns out--it's "Nerd Day" at school...

:tongue:

--DaisyF

eekysign

:) That's great---you poor Mom! I have to admit, though, I'm the exact same way. I have a closet filled with clothes, but I wear t-shirts and jeans every day that I can. I like being able to grab two items, know that they will "match", and make me street-legal. And keep me warm and happy, when my friends are shivering in skirts for the sake of fashion, and crying about their sore feet. Hehehe.

I just have so much going on in my life that I tend to forget about fashion. I dress up to go out, special occasions, I'm not unaware of what's required---but given free choice, jeans and a t-shirt it is! :)

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Thanks for the laugh, you are laughing inside, right??

O I'm definitely laughing...and doing a little eye-rolling too!

And it just keeps getting better--tomorrow is "Pajama Day"...and instead of wearing her brand-new, perfectly appropriate pajamas to school, she is trying to come up with an old (and very inappropriate) tank top over shorts kind of thing.

I told husband not to let her out of the house unless her "pajamas" cover everything they are supposed to...

--DaisyF

Wiped Out

Staff member
Daisy,
I'm laughing here. I remember when my easy child used to dress up so nicely, that was only till the first day of kindergarten when she came home and announced from now on she was only wearing jeans and t-shirts. She still pretty much only wears t-shirts and jeans. Now that she is 15 every once in awhile she will dress up for a special event but not for anything at school!