Sad, just sad

Discussion in 'Substance Abuse' started by AmericanGirl, May 4, 2013.

1. AmericanGirl

AmericanGirl Member

difficult child is still living with a friend. I paid half their rent for May. difficult child to pay half utilities. He went back to college last week. A class in a four week summer term. Is working part time at a fast food restaurant. Gets around on a skateboard.

he's more positive which I am grateful for. I bought him about $50 in groceries Friday. Was shocked he was willing to be seen at Walmart with me. Previously that was a no go. Made him some food yesterday. He thanked me in person and then wrote me a note on Facebook to say thanks.

gratitude is a new concept for gig.

i try not to think long term about him. Cleaned out his car to sell. Figured out I could sell his cellphone. I must move on and live my life.

it's sad....very sad. I miscarried a baby who would be graduating from high school this month. I still mourn that child. I wonder....easy child or difficult child? You know what I mean?

just feeling lonely tonight.

2. PatriotsGirl

PatriotsGirl Well-Known Member

It is progress....(((hugs)))....baby steps...

3. InsaneCdn

InsaneCdn Well-Known Member

More hugs...

4. recoveringenabler

recoveringenabler Well-Known Member Staff Member

Thinking of you..............sending gentle hugs..............

5. FlowerGarden

FlowerGarden Active Member

Sounds like he is starting to change for the better. You are doing what he needs. Hugs to you.

6. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member Staff Member

I'm sorry you are down today AG. As reality sets in there is a powerful sadness that come with the realization that he is chosing a path different from the one you envisioned.

Sending comforting hugs.

7. DDD

DDD Well-Known Member

Totally Ditto, Nancy. You truly have done an awesome job at parenting but I understand that progress is not the same thing as the anticipated life embedded in your heart. Hugs DDD

8. buddy

buddy New Member

Double ditto the others.....
    You've been thru so much, I hope he is starting to mature a little.

Just know you're being thought of....hugs

9. Bunny

Bunny Active Member

Gratitude might be the small steps towards making better choices. I'm sorry that you're feeling so down right now.

10. Jody

Jody Active Member

Many hugs. Hope you are feeling better.