Sad, just sad

difficult child is still living with a friend. I paid half their rent for May. difficult child to pay half utilities. He went back to college last week. A class in a four week summer term. Is working part time at a fast food restaurant. Gets around on a skateboard.

he's more positive which I am grateful for. I bought him about $50 in groceries Friday. Was shocked he was willing to be seen at Walmart with me. Previously that was a no go. Made him some food yesterday. He thanked me in person and then wrote me a note on Facebook to say thanks.

gratitude is a new concept for gig.

i try not to think long term about him. Cleaned out his car to sell. Figured out I could sell his cellphone. I must move on and live my life.

it's sad....very sad. I miscarried a baby who would be graduating from high school this month. I still mourn that child. I wonder....easy child or difficult child? You know what I mean?

just feeling lonely tonight.

Nancy

I'm sorry you are down today AG. As reality sets in there is a powerful sadness that come with the realization that he is chosing a path different from the one you envisioned.

Sending comforting hugs.

DDD

Totally Ditto, Nancy. You truly have done an awesome job at parenting but I understand that progress is not the same thing as the anticipated life embedded in your heart. Hugs DDD

buddy

Double ditto the others.....
You've been thru so much, I hope he is starting to mature a little.

Just know you're being thought of....hugs

Bunny

Gratitude might be the small steps towards making better choices. I'm sorry that you're feeling so down right now.