Sad story of greed

Andy

I think I am glad I am not an attorney or a judge! That would be hard - I can see how both sides can claim it then add the original owner's estate.

And greed destroys another friendship!

mstang67chic

Going Green
You know.....I can see the family of the original owner putting in a claim. It WAS his money afterall. But WHY would the contractor feel he has any right to it? Friends or not, he was hired to do a job on SOMEONE ELSE'S home. I'm sorry but if you find something in a house that doesn't belong to you, that does NOT give you any kind of right to it. What a jerk.

I especially like the part where he says he's NOT a jerk.....he just wanted what what his. Excuse me? IT'S NOT YOURS!!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Ya know.....It's awful...........um..........but when I first saw this I thought...... Well, gee, folks, ya find a ton of money and can't manage to keep your mouths SHUT?? lol

I dunno. I suppose since they rent they should share it with the owner. 50/50 right down the middle. Owner should mind as if they hadn't found it they'd never have known it was there.......

ctmom05

Someone said [I can see the family of the original owner putting in a claim] It's not a given that even tho the money was old, that it was placed in the walls by the original owner.

As a homeowner who is doing some home improvements - with the help of others - I would be really upset if this type of problem came up.

My thought is that what's found on someone's property defaults to belonging to the homeowner. If they chose to share with the finder then that is a kindness, not a must.

edited to add: Oddly the contractor and the homeowner friend both looked of good cheer when the picture was taken with the found loot.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Oh.......I read it wrong. I thought it was a renter and owner. lol What a mess. But I have a hard time siding with the original ownders estate. Obviously original owner wasn't too keen on the heirs having the money or else they'd have been told about it, wouldn't ya think?