Sad today

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by ML, May 4, 2009.

1. ML

ML Guest

Some of you may remember about 6/7 months ago I came here asking for fundraiser ideas for my friend at work who got luekemia. We raised about $3,000 and exceeded our expectations by far. We had another one planned for tomorrow. Sadly, she died yesterday. Her body rejected the bone marrow transplant. She was 50 years old and a beautiful soul, far too young and in love with life to have it cut so short. We're still planning the fundraiser because her husband truly needs both the financial and the emotional support. It is one of those wake calls for me to fully live each moment and to revel in every blessing. I appreciate the kindness and support I receive here. Thank you so much. ML

2. ThreeShadows

ThreeShadows Quid me anxia?

I'm so very sorry. Life just doesn't make any sense.

3. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

I'm so very sorry. Yes, much much too young when she obviously loved life so much.

((((hugs)))))

4. mrscatinthehat

mrscatinthehat Seussical

Sending hugs.

beth

5. helpangel

helpangel Active Member

I'm so sorry for your loss

6. nvts

nvts Active Member

ML, she died knowing how deeply her family AND you and the community loved her. I can't think of a better way to go.

I truly am sorry for your loss. You really worked so hard on this.

Beth

7. Abbey

Abbey Spork Queen

Awww..ML, that is truly a sad thing. NVTS said it perfectly, though. You now have an angel watching over you.

Abbey

8. house of cards

house of cards New Member

I am sorry fior the loss to you all. I hope you have a very successful fundraiser and will pray that her family finds comfort.

9. hearts and roses

hearts and roses Mind Reader

{{{ML}}} I'm so terribly sorry for the loss of your friend. When we lose someone it does often serve as a wake up call to how we face each day and the rest of our lives. Know that your friend is with you and watching over you. Hugs~

10. Lothlorien

Lothlorien Active Member Staff Member

I'm so sorry.

11. Star*

Star* call 911........call 911

ML,

You're friend was very lucky, as are we to have such a beautiful and caring friend in you. I think what you are doing for her husand is remarkable.

Sending you a shoulder, a kleenex and a hug......

Star

12. klmno

klmno Active Member

I'm so sorry to hear this, ML. Life is precious and we never know when it will be lost. I'm glad she had caring friends and a loving husband to stand by her thru her last days.

13. jbrain

jbrain Member

I'm sorry to hear of your loss, ML. My husband (dad to my kids) died due to complications after a bone marrow transplant for leukemia. My heart goes out to all of you, I know how hard this is, especially when you have high hopes that the bone marrow transplant will work.
    Love,
    Jane

14. Fran

Fran Former Site Owner

What a terrible loss at such a young age. You are a good friend. Hugs.

15. Suz

Suz (the future) MRS. GERE

I'm so sorry, ML. That's just terrible.

Hugs,
    Suz

16. gcvmom

gcvmom Here we go again!

Coming in late to this... I agree with Star -- you are doing a wonderful thing for her husband. And I agree with you, we can let her passing serve as a reminder to be thankful for all that we have in each of our precious days here!

(((((HUGS)))))

17. tiredmommy

tiredmommy Site Moderator

{{{ML}}}

18. witzend

witzend Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for you and for her friends and family.

19. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

So sorry for your loss.

20. totoro

totoro Mom? What's a GFG?

Yes she was lucky to have you. You were lucky to have each other.
    Hugs