Sad...

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Our old girl had to be put to sleep today. Sidney was a half Rott, half lab mix. She was 14. Her back legs had been giving her trouble. Then about two weeks ago they didn't work much at all. We had hoped she was going to come out of it like she had in the past. Unfortunately she lost complete use of her back legs. So it was time to do the right thing. It was one of the hardest things to do.

She was the dog that would come up when you were upset and let you just rub her until you felt better. She didn't let anything bad happen to anyone when she was around. She protected easy child from difficult child 2. She scared away some people I didn't want at the house.

Lothlorien

I'm so sorry. It doesn't matter how many times people post, here, about putting their animal down, it just gets me all teary eyed.

Last edited:

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I've gone through that twice in the last year. It's just awful. I'm so sorry, Beth.

Hugs,
Suz

Star*

call 911........call 911
Beth,

I believe Sidney now has her wings and is watching over you. I'm so deeply sorry for the loss of your furkid today. She sounded like such a Mommas girl and I know she will be missed very much.

Sending many hugs and puppy angels to surround you and comfort you!
Star

mstang67chic

Going Green
I'm so sorry. They aren't animals, they are family and that just makes it harder. Sending lots of hugs...I still miss my Tazzers.

But...Sidney was welcomed at the Rainbow Bridge by Rock with his protective spork, Taz, Miss Molly and all the rest of our CD furangels. They are having a good old time, running, jumping, playing and doing all those things they couldn't do before they got there.

nvts

Beth, I'm so sorry! Your baby is being met by my Coco who's showing her the heavenly fridge full of steak and cheese! They can also eat all the chocolate they want with no repercussions!

I know this was hard for you, but you did the courageous thing for her.

Beth

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I agree it never gets any easier reading about one's loss.
Take some time for yourself to just spend remembering your good friend