Sample letter to request Re-evaluation

TiredSoul

Warrior Mom since 2007
Thanks I didn't see one there for a re-evaluation and I am not sure what to put in there and if I need to list the specific areas I think he needs to be re-evaluated in and my reasons for wanting it.

T

TeDo

How about this "Because my child,_____________________ , continues to experience difficulties in school I am requesting an immediate re-evaluation in the areas of ______________________________________ to determine whether the current IEP is appropriately addressing his needs. My reasons for this request are: ________________________" That should get the ball rolling. It is simply revising the sample letter you looked at, you would just have to type the whole thing yourself. Hope this helps. It is what I would do.

T

TeDo

You are very welcome. I really do hope this works and things go the way you want them to. If nothing else, get an independent evaluation in those areas. That is what I am doing because I disagree with the Occupational Therapist (OT) evaluation our sd did and they won't re-evaluate. Good luck!