Samsung Infuse 4G Phone Mistaken for Spider Commerical. My worst commercial ever?

Jody

Have you seen this commercial? The lady screams so annoyingly until you want to throw the television. I try to run for my remote as fast as I can to press mute, but goodness she can scream. There is a picture of a huge spider on the phone and it's supposed to be so lifelike that she doesn't realize it's a phone, dumb Dave then begins to beat the phone till it's in pieces. What is your'e all time hated commerical. This is by far mine. Can't take a nap with the tv on anymore because this chick might start screaming!!!

DammitJanet

Oh I hate that stupid commercial. Be real. Like anyone is going to confuse a cell phone picture with a real spider. I would kill someone who smashed my phone because of the picture on it. Anyway, the dumb things have icons on them anyway somewhere. Stupid stupid stupid.

Star*

call 911........call 911
HOORAY!!!!!!!!! HOORAY!!!!!!! WE ARE NOT ALONE!!!!! DF and you must be racing for your remotes at the same time!!!!!! I ABHORE THAT COMMERCIAL. WHAT IDIOT would want to kill something so beautiful in the first place? And that scream? Yeeeeeesch! ON a rather unrelated yet idiotic note? The guy that just stands there looking lost and stupid? Looks just like the guy that I used to work for that let me go last year saying "I have no money and I'm going to have to let my wife do the books." Then three days later had a THIN, BLOND, YOUNG teenager in the office doing his books - and that dumb look on his face? I imagine is the same look he had on his face when the young, blond, teenager messed up three years of my bookkeeping and quit on him less than two weeks later - followed by I think I was told two or three other thin, blond teenagers. I bet his wife would like to do to him what that man does to that spider in the commercial - but the fact that he looks SO much like the guy IN that commercial, and the commercial is ridiculously dumb? Makes it so worth it being dumb because everyone I know called me and said "HEY don't you think that dumb guy looks like your old boss?" I said to them "You mean the dumb part, or the just stand there and do nothing part? Or not know real from not real part, or the scared of spiders part, or the having lunch with someone other than his wife part? Be specific!!!" lol

Yeah Jody - I dunno if I like that commercial or hate it really.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
I guess I'm a loser because....

That commercial cracks me up!

(Then again, I'm a person who is afraid of spiders...so perhaps I am biased.)

Jody

Sounds like your boss got just what was coming to him. I like that. :)

I cannot tell you how much I hate that commercial. I will still watch tv but I wish I could watch a channel that would not have that idiotic commerical on it. I don't have cable so all channels show that commerical. I will have to keep the remote near, I hate even when I hear a millisecond of that screaming. I have issues with some noises that I do not tolerate well at all.

Star*

call 911........call 911
hey daisy...........

LOL (SNORT)

ITSY BITSY SPIDER..........

NO NO NO.........NEVER MIND.......HAHAHAHA (STAR IS IN A SNARKY MOOD) LOL

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Jody, ALL the CABLE channels show it too. You can't get away!!!

I've tried to figure out, many times, how they mistook a cell phone for a spider. Nice picture, but unless it's 3-D - and I can tell...

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
hey daisy...........

LOL (SNORT)

ITSY BITSY SPIDER..........

NO NO NO.........NEVER MIND.......HAHAHAHA (STAR IS IN A SNARKY MOOD) LOL

Don't start, Star!

It's really, really, reeee-aaaaa-llllllll-yyyyyy not funny.

Especially here in the land of black widows, and brown recluses and the

OMG-that-is-ONE-freakin-HUGE-spider-and-oh-no-its-heading-this-way

variety.

Not funny.

Not!

Jody

Oh Step, I didn't know it was on cable too. Gosh there is no escaping this horrid commercial. It doesn't make any sense and it's so annoying. I wonder how many people hate this commercial, if it would be enough for them to get it off the tv.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Ya might hate it, but its working...you remember it and are talking about it.... lol

(for the record, I hate it, too.)

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
The good news? Is they are supposedly more afraid of you, than you are of them.

See now if that were true? There would be spiders screaming and running for their lives!

But I do not see that.

(Of course, perhaps that is because I am too busy screaming and running for my life?)

Jody

I don't think they are really scared of you either. I am more terrified of snakes. But I am terrified of this screaming chick on my tv several times a night too. Sometimes I miss the mute button and hit another button. Tonight I am going to fix that. I am going to tape some white paper on the mute button so that it stand out. I will be ready for her tonight. I have dealt with a lot of screaming with a difficult child daughter it was annoying and went on a lot longer, but this is shreaking and urgent screaming. It unnerves me as you can tell.

Jody

Ya might hate it, but its working...you remember it and are talking about it.... lol

(for the record, I hate it, too.)

I would never buy the product though. I couldn't even listen to the commercial, because of the screaming, I had to google, screaming woman spider commercial to find out what brand they were trying to sell. I hope it didn't take a lot of takes to make that commercial, those poor people were probably hearing impaired when they got done.

Star*

call 911........call 911
FWIW? If I saw that georgeous tarantula crawling across my (okay start over) DAISY? YOU are not the strange one here. I'll glady take the first prize for this one. (grabs trophy) Starts over. FWIW? If that georgeous tarantula crawled across my table in a restaurant? I would be THRILLED to pieces. First off? It would be about the size of the palm of your hand or smaller at best. Secondly - NOT knowing if it would be aggrivated and bite? With any upset it wouldn't be a great idea to attempt to pick any spider up bare handed unless you knew a great deal about spiders/arachnids.

That particular one? Could deliver a really nasty bite, but doubtful that it would under calm circumstances. It can flick hairs that irritate skin but probably would not. Would I reach out to get it? Yes. Would I be fine and calm with it? Yes. Would I be fine with most snakes? Yes. Would I reach for ANY snake? No. Cautious, but not stupid.

Our house follows a simple rule of no killing of anything - including and ESPECIALLY spiders. We have a carry case that we catch and release spiders in our woods. We've got one right now that is about the size of a mans hand running around in the den. DF calls him Aragorn (harry potter movie) and he's a dandy. He's in the Wolf Spider family, haven't seen him close enough to tell if he's really a wolf or possibly a fishing spider. (more than likely at that size that's what he is) But soon we'll catch him and take him to the woods and let him go. But how cool would that be to have a tarantula join you for lunch? I remember when GCV Mom and Toto both had them outside of their homes - very cool.

However Daisy - if you want the trophy? You can have it - I want the spider - really. lol

Star*

call 911........call 911
by the way - I have a picture of the last spider I did catch in my phone - He's in my hand.....lol. Mom called and said WHat are you doing - so I took a picture and texted it to her.....lol My mother was like O.M.G. - put it DOWN. Dude just said ...yup that's my Mom.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I would never buy the product though.

This is how I feel when one brand NAMES another. Like the cola wars. I drank Dr Pepper because at the time they did not say anything about Coke or Pepsi. Now it's different.

muttmeister

It is definitely annoying. If somebody screamed like that about a spider around me, whether it was real or not, I'd be more likely to start whacking her than the spider.