Santa Claus is Scary, Mommy and Daddy!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Yesterday I took the day off work. My driver's license expires Sunday, so I needed to get that renewed, and I wanted to run to Harbor Freight, Hobby Lobby and the MALL. Because... Rose needed to have her picture taken with Santa!

Last year, Rose was all of 2 months old and really could not have cared less. This year was a bit different.

We (husband, Rose and I) got to the mall at 10... But it turned out Santa wasn't due till 11. So we did a bit of mall walking. Well, mall running, really... Chasing a toddler who loves to run! We took her up the escalator... And then had to pick her up to get her away from it (well, OK, after Mommy got some video of her trying to run DOWN the UP escalator and Daddy holding her hands).

Waited in line... She spilled the last 5 drops of husband's coffee all over herself... Got to the front of the line... She loved the female helpers and wanted to be held by them. Took her over to Santa and - MELTDOWN!

We finally got her distracted by Mommy and Daddy being right there, a book, and a sock monkey... Even so, the best smile in the picture is Mommy's. Daddy is second... Rose looks very upset and Santa looks like he is rolling his eyes.

I love it! It goes right along with Pat's photo when he was two and Belle was five... She was being cute and smiling and he was crying! Awesome.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Growing up; Jewish, I never got to sit in Santa's lap. For some reason, the Easter Bunny was OK. I have the dubious honor of being one of the only kids to ever bite a person dressed up as a cartoon character.

TerryJ2

Ah, yes, joyful holiday pictures with strange but friendly characters and a crying baby. Gotta love it.

LittleDudesMom

*Love the changing Santa photos! I put the ones out of my kids every year and they bring so many memories -- it's great to watch how they change from year to year - from indifference, to fear, to joy…...

Sharon

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
GN, that should've had a spit warning! OMG!

As husband put it... We tell our children not to talk to strangers, but then insist they sit on this weirdo's lap once a year... We tell them not to take candy from strangers... But once a year we send them out begging for candy from people they don't know... We trade money for teeth - we should be collecting the money for the dentist bills!