Sash and Badge

trinityroyal

Oh yeah I almost forgot. Mickey also sang lead on the Theme Song.
(And now I have the Banana Splits song stuck in my head too)

Well my wife kissed Davy Jones. Her mom took her to a Monkees show (they toured briefly) and found out where the boys were staying and helped her ambush Davy for an autograph and she planted one on his cheek.

The Monkees were invented as sort of America's answer to the Beatles. The concept came first and the four auditioned and were hired to fill the roles. They didn't write their music or play their instruments, initially, although a couple of them (Michael Nesmith and Peter Tork, I believe) were actual musicians -- Peter Tork was with the Birds for a while, IIRC, and was friends with Stephen Stills. The band did later write some songs and put out an album (Head(?)) of their own stuff.

F

flutterbee

Star -

I was born in 1973. I remember the Monkees, but not from then. They had reruns on late night cable years later. :smile: I didn't know their names except for Davy Jones, and BBK is right. He looks like a troll doll now.

As for Banana Split, HR Puffinstuff and the New Zoo Review...I have NO idea what you're talking about.

When I was 7, my boyfriend was Rick Springfield and I wrote a fan letter to Olivia Newton-John.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Wynter -

My cousin (there were huge age gaps in my Moms 2 sisters) was a DJ in the 70's in LA. He interviewed a LOT of rock and roll stars of that day and the first LIE an adult ever told me was from his lips - He said he would mail me the cardboard life-size cut out of David Cassidy, autographed. I waited two years for that thing every stupid day in the mail. When I saw him at a family reunion - I wouldn't talk to him and when he asked my Mom what was the matter she said "David Cassidy" to which my cousin was 'of course' dumbfounded. She explained and he said "MAN for a little girl she can hold a grudge." My Mom turned and looked at him and said well there is another way of looking at that and he said "How's that?" and she said "You lied."

Gotta love my Mom for telling it like it is.

-I never did get the cut out, but I DID get a partridge family bus lunch box with David Cassidy on the thermos from my folks.

New Zoo review was a cartoon like HR Puffinstuff They were one of the first "mascot" type cartoons done live. They dressed in costumes and performed and did skits. So were the banana splits.

F

flutterbee

New Zoo review was a cartoon like HR Puffinstuff They were one of the first "mascot" type cartoons done live. They dressed in costumes and performed and did skits. So were the banana splits.

I guess I was busy watching Captain Kangaroo. Must have missed them.

:rofl:

KFld

Well I dated Davie Jones, Donny Osmond and Bobby Sherman. Who remembers Bobby Sherman from Here Come the Brides? Was that the name of it?????

Star*

call 911........call 911
7 brides for 7 brothers

and PLEASE -do tell on JUST HOW YOU got a (ahem) HANDCUFF patch!

'cause if you don't my mind is just going to make some bizarre story up and run with it. (this is not a good thing)

KFld

First of all, I am assuming the handcuff badge would be for my difficult child being arrested, not myself, right?????

He was arrested twice for posession of narcotics, once for shooting a paint ball gun in the street at other kids and someones house, and once for trespassing in a sewage plant (don't ask), so I believe I would deserve 4 handcuff badges.

I have never been arrested, so if it had to do with my own arrests, then thankfully I just lost the badges.

witzend

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KFld</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I dated Davie Jones, Donny Osmond and Bobby Sherman. Who remembers Bobby Sherman from Here Come the Brides? Was that the name of it????? </div></div>

Bobby Sherman! What a dreamboat!

:rofl:

"Julie, Julie, Julie, do ya love me?"

Star*

call 911........call 911
K -

I didn't picture you in an arresting situation - I was wondering more about a "compromising" situation for those handcuffs.

:smile:

You guys are wussies.

I got the handcuff badge, and I earned it myself. (and no Star, it was not in a compromising position)

You ready for this?

I was arrested because my license was suspended because I did not get the EPA test done on a car that I no longer had.

So officer not-so-friendly figured that since I was a flight risk, he'd better put me in shackles.

Knob.

This will teach me to sneak and read these posts while I am on the phone with my mom.

I read "c.)a knob" and laughed, and then had to explain to mom why I was not paying 101% attention to her babble.

Thanks, Star.