Saw a lot of my difficult child in Silver Linings Playbook

TerryJ2

husband and I rented the movie, on the advice of easy child.
It's a young person's movie. :) Music, dancing, overly liberal use of the F-word.
But the acting was EXCELLENT! Boy, could we identify with-a lot of the family disruption, the in-your-face attitude, the magical thinking and denial.
I recommend this movie to anyone who has a difficult child, regardless of the diagnosis.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1045658/

Calamity Jane

Me too! I thought it was an interesting movie, uplifting in a weird way, and it was heartening to see the power of familial and romantic love. Very worthwhile - I'd see it again. The cast was terrific. It seemed really implausible and far fetched, more like a fractured fairy tale, but very enjoyable. You really root for these people.

cubsgirl

I've watched this movie twice and i really like it. I live with bipolar and I was trying to explain to husband the racing thoughts and magical thinking and I think the movie showed it well.

pasajes4

I pray for ALL of us.........that our difficult children find love and peace. I so identify with the mother....trying to fix things and hold the family together.