Say it ain't so, Roger Clemens!

meowbunny

I always knew Barry Bonds used roids. There was no question in my mind that Conseco and McGwire got all this nice, pretty, long hits because of drug enhancement, but ROGER CLEMENS? He never, ever crossed my mind as being a user and abuser. I used to love baseball.

There was nothing better than sneaking a transistor radio into school and listening to the World Series. Taking the day off to watch my beloved Royals when they were in town was as good as it got. Watching a no-hitter was this side of heaven to me. I actually loved a good, defensive game more than a slug out.

Then they had a mean, ugly strike to take some of the joy out of the game. Then steroids took the beauty out of a home run -- how special is it when it comes from something giving you superhuman strength rather than just your talent? Now they named Roger as a using steroids. It truly breaks my heart!

DammitJanet

I have a solution for this whole problem.

Lets have a league or series or contest...depending on the sport...for those that choose to use performance enhancers...and one for those that dont.

This way the playing field is level.

If you want to use steroids and attempt to break 3 minute mile...go for it. But if another person wants to go natural and compete, he shouldnt have to compete against a person on enhancers. Lets make it level.

We could have two sets of baseball series, the Enhanced and the naturals. We could have the Olympics be free of any enhancers but other competions be

DammitJanet

I have a solution for this whole problem.

Lets have a league or series or contest...depending on the sport...for those that choose to use performance enhancers...and one for those that dont.

This way the playing field is level.

If you want to use steroids and attempt to break 3 minute mile...go for it. But if another person wants to go natural and compete, he shouldnt have to compete against a person on enhancers. Lets make it level.

We could have two sets of baseball series, the Enhanced and the naturals. We could have the Olympics be free of any enhancers but other competitions be for both. You cant do both though.

We have debated this hotly here...lol.

F

flutterbee

I'm with MB on this. How special is it when it comes from a drug assist?

donna723

Oh gee! Roger Clemens! What a surprise! :nurse: Never liked him anyway! :smile:

I don't really understand where they got this "list" though. Some of these people, like Canseco, haven't played in the Majors in years! And one of them on the list died several years ago! And some players mentioned in the MLB website stories, like Sosa, aren't on the list??? And at least one that was recently suspended for testing positive (Mota) isn't on the list either???

Not defending steriod use, but one thing to remember, when some of these older ones were using it years ago, it was NOT against MLB rules!

SRL

The lasting lesson that will come from all of this is to never pay for your steroids with personal checks. :hammer:

F

flutterbee

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SRL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The lasting lesson that will come from all of this is to never pay for your steroids with personal checks. :hammer: </div></div>

:rofl:

mstang67chic

Going Green
This kind of thing just irks me to no end. Whether it's steroid use in sports or just simply thinking you can do anything you want because you're rich/famous. Personally I think they ought to bring back an updated version of the old Hollywood morals contracts. Used illegal performance enhancing drugs? Sorry....you're out. Permanently. Try to choke your coach? Bye bye. Get caught doing something illegal and you're rich/famous? No more slaps on the wrist or 80 minute jail stays that you set up an appointment for. You get the same punishment as us poor peons.