Saying Goodbye

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
Sending strong prayers and gentle hugs your way.
:angel2::warrior::angel2:
Also sending gentle prayers and strong hugs to you & yours.

Peace

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
{{{{Star&Dude&DF}}}} Big giant heartfelt hugs being sent your way.

I will keep you in my daily thoughts. I hope and pray that an angel will join the proceedings and ease things up a bit. And I would definitely encourage Dude to get a new PO.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Awww...Star. been there done that. It's tough when #1 you have somewhat of a reputation, and #2 the economy stinks right now. The pope might have a hard time finding a job. Hopefully they'll weigh into this and give him some slack.

I guess my suggestion, but it's too late, is to photocopy every application he does so they realize he IS trying.

Fingers crossed for Dude and you.

Hugs, dear.

Abbey

susiestar

Roll With It
Sending hugs and prayers for all of you. I hate the way the caseworker and all the others who are supposed to help and protect Dude have let him down over and over. The system just sickens me.

Maybe a list of everywhere he applies would be good to take to court?

Let Dude know I am sending HIM hugs and prayers - just because he is HIM!

Susie

Star*

call 911........call 911
He just called -

(blargh - I can inhale now and exhale, and inhale and exhale)

He said that the PO understood how hard it is to get a job but again URGED him to NOT fill out yes or no on the felon question - just go in, do a good job and see what happens.

I don't know what the deal was they worked out - but DF said he'll call him tonight after he gets a list of chores together - and will talk to Dude. I suggested maybe if we got a list with $$ amts together - and offered to pick up and drop off - maybe he could see and add up the jobs???? DF thought it was a good idea.

He told the PO that he really would like to try to go to Barber college. I thought - well he's always been artistic, he LOVES the barber shop crowd mentality, and he's cut his own hair for years and does others - so why not? He's going to call his Caseworker and tell him to GET ON IT. (lol)
They have tons more resources and connections than I would.

And as far as the upcoming case and lack of interest on the part of the PD. I called, I offered to bring up ALL my files and show her so that she could start building a case FOR Dude. I'm not sure if I should take Dude or not - as it's paperwork, but I will get him to sign a HIPPA form for me.
If after I meet with her i get NO satisfaction - I'll leave there and go to her boss. I'm also considering writing a letter to the bond judge - because she was SO understanding - and tell her the situation and see if SHE minds facing the DA. (me thinks not) but maybe something can be done...with letters of service from people that can vouch for ALL THEIR assistance to this kid.??? Hmm? any thoughts?

MOST OF ALL!!!!!

THANKS FOR THE PRAYERS AND THE WISHES - THEY WERE VERY MUCH FELT - AND I SWEAR I stopped with the upset stomach and the chest pains......felt good to wake up this morning.

Please always know - you are all in my prayers daily. And I appreciate you all.

Thanks again
Star, & Dude

-man whomever said it's a thin line between helping and not helping....oy

OH and on the application list/copy etc????

I want you to be PROUD - that Dude ON HIS OWN - asks for a card or at least the name of the mgr. and a phone number.....I nearly fell over when he showed me his book. Okay I DID fall over. Good ideas for sure

witzend

It hurts to hear how messed up this all is. I know deep down Dude is a good person. I hope that someday soon he will get the break he needs so he can bring that inner man out for the world to see.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Hey...my favorite all time hair dresser was a guy. Another reason I hated to leave. He was so fun. I'd just go in and say, do what you want. Very creative...you can make your own hours, etc. If he went full time, it's fairly short. Sounds interesting!!

And, you'd get free hair cuts. Another bonus.

Abbey

meowbunny

So, now we just (??) have to worry about November? So, why barber and not beauty school? Money's better and I bet he could charm the socks off the ladies.

I'm glad the PO was realistic about the lack of jobs and I love that Dude had a book he could show with the names, etc. Has he called any of them back to see if they're willing to consider him?

by the way -- I used to volunteer at a prison. One piece of advice that was given inmates before they left was to not mark anything re felony convictions. Simply save it for the interview, then admit you made a mistake and that you were trying to make sure nothing like that happened again. Of course, some would end the interview right then and there but a few employers were willing to give felons a chance.

I forget the name of the site that Janet (antsmom) went to, prisontalk (?) or something like that, but I believe they may have a list or links to employers who will hire felons. Worth checking out anyway.

It really does sound like Dude's PD is ready to roll over and just let the DA and judge do whatever they want. I hate, hate, hate that a PD would just give up like that. I do believe that if people (read judge) could see what a raw deal Dude has been given in treatment and fosters, that maybe sentencing would consist of things like trade school, true assistance for personal growth, etc. Even though he will be 18 by November, is there any chance he can get a GAL? I know of one boy that I used to work with who had a history a lot like Dude's. His PD wasn't fighting for him and the DA wanted to really make an example out of him. I brought to the court's attention what all had been promised to the boy and his parents that he would receive in the way of help and what in fact he had received (at least he went to school even though he couldn't read at the 5th grade level). It really did make a difference and rather than sentencing him to prison, he was put on probation with the conditions being no trouble of any sort, trade school (at the county's expense), therapy, etc. If you can find anyone in the judicial system who has an official capacity to work with you and Dude, he might have a chance. I pray for you.

witzend

You don't have to answer any of the questions other than contact information on an application. I know he wants to be honest, but perhaps he should save it for the interview.

Coming in late but sending prayers up and support across the ether. Hope you can get a new PD, one that understands the word "defender", for the Dude. Take care.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Thought just popped into my head...probably already been suggested, but even if he can't find a job, could he volunteer somewhere? (I'm thinking animal shelter, but basically anywhere that he's volunteering services could be a plus on his side to show he's willing to work and truly can't find something...?)

Just a thought.

witzend

Shari, I hadn't seen that suggested. It might be a really good idea... What about an animal shelter? It would help with the court and with finding a job.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Shari that was a good idea. :D Shows he's not just laying around saying he can't find something.

So? Now we worry until November? Or what?

I think the barber/beauty school idea is a great one. I hope Dude goes for it if it's something he's interested in. AND once he's properly trained, if no one will hire him he can set up his own business and to heck with them all. :D