Scam or o.k.?

Liahona

Hi, our Occupational Therapist (OT) for difficult child 2 is suggesting something called the Listening Program by Advanced Brain technologies. Has anyone else used this? And what were the results? It is expensive so I'm researching it before buying.

Also, has anyone heard of a Dr. Joel Wallach. He is proporting helping people like our children using minerals. Wondering if anyone has experience with this. Snakeoil or real deal?

house of cards

My Occupational Therapist (OT) was recommending this as well. I researched a littl( very little) and came away thinking that there aren't conclusive studies saying it is helpful to a meaningful degree. I also didn't feel my kids would do the program very co-operatively, so I have decided to hold off for now...if you do get it, please update. What I have decided to do instead is to get a great set of head phones and 1 or 2 classical music CD's and see if I can get them to listen while playing video games. The headphones will be a substantial cost but will be used by everyone daily and then if I choose to do the program, I would have them.