Scarecrow and stuff

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Wee difficult child wanted to see grandma last night, so we visited exMIL's. Had a very nice long visit.

Touched on the topic of Scarecrow just briefly. ExMIL had her church directory out and I recalled that I had never told her that Scarecrow's request to have family pictures taken with wee difficult child was made the week after said pictures were offered. So I told exMIL (otherwise, I'm on a Scarecrow diet - I've told everyone I don't want to know anything more about her unless it directly relates to difficult child).

ExMIL figures the same as I did...most likely it was not an honest mistake, most likely it was her attempt to manipulate.

ExMIL also told me that Scarecrow's new tactic is to boycott the whole family. Seems Scarecrow has given them the ultimatum - so long as I am welcome and won't be turned away if I show up there, she won't set foot in their house. She has even been in the car with DEX when he has gone to visit his mother and Scarecrow will sit in the car the entire time - be it 2 minutes or 2 hours.

And this is not exMIL's speculation - Scarecrow outright told them this! :surprise:

While I find it, at the same time, disturbing and amusing, I also have to wonder what kind of logic has lead this woman to put ME at the root of all the troubles she perceives there to be...because up til she came along, DEX and I happily co-existed at family functions without ever having an issue. Heck, last year at Christmas, I obliged their request to take him to exMIL's to receive gifts from them. They were present. I was present. All was well. And now I am the antichrist. Whatever.

Last edited:

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Some people always need someone or something to be the cause or the blame for all of their problems, anger, sorrow etc. Couldn't be that maybe, possibly they are toxic unhappy or just negative miserable people all by themselves? Jealousy comes to mind also.
Looks like you are the lucky one in Scarecrows life!!! Aren't you special... tee-hee

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Oh, yeah, I'm special, alright. lol

I have a picture of a t-shirt hanging on my wall here at work. I'm going to make one, just haven't got it done. Its a picture of a cartoon-ish goat standing upright with "SCAPE GOAT" underneath it.

Below that, it says "Everything that's wrong in your world IS my fault, so go ahead and blame me"

And below that, in teeny tiny print, it says (I love this power!)

I SO have to get that made before the holidays this year.

susiestar

Roll With It
The blame she lays at your feet is her pathetic way to figure out why her world is never what she wants it to be.

I think they should let her sit in the car, or wherever. I hope that exMIL doesn't intend to refuse to visit with you. Scarecrow is a lunatic, and quite possibly a dangerous one.

LOVE the shirt - I NEED one of those!! Maybe I will go to vistaprint.com and order one. I could dummy up the artwork or have husband do it.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
No fear there. ExMIL is happy she's staying in the car. We're wondering what the holidays will bring this year, but if it brings them not to the family table, no one really cares (exMIL's words last night...no different than many other years without DEX).

And yes, I MUST get the shirt made. MUST. The picture has been hanging there for over a year!