Scary/Gross New Way of Consuming Alcohol - At Least To Me

susiestar

Roll With It
I was watching an episode of Law and Order:SVU and learned something. A google search told it isn't something made up for the show.

Did you realize that you can become intoxicated on alcohol by absorbing it through your rectum or vagina? Some girls/women even soak tampons in vodka and then use them.

While it seems logical after I gave it some thought, it had never occurred to me that anyone would do this. It has got to be painful - yuck!

It supposedly would mean that you would register with little or no alcohol on a breathalyzer test. A blood test would show it, of course, but those are not standard.

I know many of us have alcoholics in our lives so maybe being aware this can happen could help us figure out what is going on when a loved one appears drunk but does not smell like they have been drinking.

4timmy

Not to make light of this in any way, but I had never heard of this until I saw it on that show 1000 ways to die recently. Apparently, it's also extremely dangerous because of well, the different path it takes and can effect a person twice what it would had they drank it.

svengandhi

I saw this on SUV (not a typo, it's what my dyslexic H called it and the name stuck in my family) and almost retched. Fortunately, they didn't show it! The tampon idea was also quite nauseating...

H

HaoZi

I've heard about it, I think the same show 4timmy saw it on. Known a lot of drinkers but never met one that used those methods (to my knowledge).

DDD

That's news for me too. on the other hand I am almost beyond getting shocked when it comes to substance abuse....almost. DDD

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Ya know...

I have learned a lot on this board over the years -

add this one to the list of facts I wish I hadn't heard. Disgusting!

T

toughlovin

Well that would certainly show the reason for drinking is getting drunk....not the taste!!! ICK what will people think of next???

susiestar

Roll With It
While this is grosser than the eyeball method, I still think the eyeball is the worst way because of all the senses I would hate the most to lose my sight.

svengandhi

I'm almost afraid to ask - but what is "the eyeball method of imbibing?" I have never heard of that either. Here I thought that growing up in a housing project in the South Bronx made me worldly - guess not!

H

HaoZi

More of a stupid stunt than an effective way to get drunk, but some people will try anything.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I guess if you *have* to be intoxicated...

UGH. Not a chance. I swear, I just do NOT understand why being out of control and looking stupid is so "cool".

rlsnights

The typical breath tests used to check for intoxication would still show the amount of alcohol in the blood because it's an indirect measure of the amount in the bloodstream. As the alcohol in the blood goes through the lungs it evaporates out of the blood into the alveoli and from there is exhaled in the breath.

So, I suppose the only "advantages" to this method would be secrecy and that it would probably be absorbed more slowly over a longer period of time.

I would think it would burn the mucous membranes in those areas and be painful. Talk about desperate.

Patricia

H

HaoZi

Actually doesn't it take less and work faster? More danger of alcohol poisoning and all that?

DammitJanet

Ok, cant you see the parties? Tampex soaked in everclear sitting in the middle of a coffee table and girls in mini-skirts with no undies letting boys take turns imbibing them!

susiestar

Roll With It
Janet - scaarily enough I CAN imagine a group of kids doing that. EEEEUUUWWWW!!! They would think they were so hip and edgy and hot - when they are just YUCK!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
...Well... Most young men (under 21) won't be caught buying Tampax or pads... Even Onyxx is embarrassed by them... THAT could be interesting...

Still think it would really, really hurt. (And probably ruin chances of her having a family later on???)

susiestar

Roll With It
Well, you have a lot more nerve endings in your eyes and the eyeball method is getting pretty popular. I am sure it can have some effect on having kids later, but how many kids think about consequences 9 months later - like babies - much less years later?

It would be gross, and some kids would be turned off by that. But some kids would think it made them look cool or adult or sophisticated somehow. And if you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs already, a LOT of things that would bother you otherwise don't even make you bat an eyelash.

It probably would not hurt at first because the area is coated with a layer of mucus. It is after it eats through the mucus that it hurts.