school didn't provide docs i requested

Jena

so i'm giong to table the cse eligibility meeting tomorrow for difficult child. i have nothing prepared because no one gave me what i requested 3 days ago the nurses logs or copies of team meetings and interventions at school level.

i had to call 3 different places today until finally i got the answer to my question. no one even bothered to respond to my request.

so i'm going in tmrw morning and saying ok, well i'm tabling it until i'm provided the doctor's i requested.

anyone ever do this? i'm not going to mess around. i wish i had a Special Education law to cite to do this. i'm going to act like i know i can do this though :)

Andy

I don't know. It may be what they want you to do. They want to put you off as long as possible and this is one way.

I would keep the meeting but change the agenda. They answer all of your questions and you demand answers in writing.

Spend your morning in person at the school waiting in person while they give you the documentations of what you requested (I am assuming that is what you meant by docs - I was thinking doctors and was confused at first). I would not be surprised if the copies are made and they are waiting to hand them to you at the meeting. If that is the case, then table the meeting while you read through them. Don't give them a timeline - they can sit and wait for you to read. They have already wasted your time, you can waste some of theirs.

Whatever you do, do not table the meeting before it starts. Make everyone show up and hand each of them a list of what you need, then state, "I have been waiting for these. You may now take this time to go get them for me."

Jena

No Andy I can't do that, not a bad idea, yet the nurse is on vacation and are claiming due to that fact they are unable to provide the necessary doctor's and i was told i can go through difficult child's file and mark whatever i want copies of in the a.m.

they don't want me to table it, they want me to be unprepared and they think i'm stupid enough to go ahead with a cse mtg for eligibility with-o it and walk out with-nothing for her.

So, i get the whole read it through thing that you suggested yet i dont' work well under that type of pressure especially if it's for her, yet what i'm looking to do is creat a timeline of difficult child's moods (hence nurses visits), and also correlate that to her report cards from last year when as of june she was failing, and our most recent math assesment failed.

that will def take more than a read through.

i'm def not going to table before it starts i'm giong to let them get all comfy sign teh sheet introduce themselves like i dont' know any of them and than state due to the fact my verbal of difficult child's testing scores were given to me "4" days prior to meeting and by new york state education law i was to receive them 7 days prior to cse, and i requested the necessary doctor's for this meeting "3" days prior and have yet to receive them this meeting will be tabled.

i'm also hoping they postpone till summer, so that her teacher wont' be in the mix with her herbal there's nothing wrong with-difficult child or anyother kid in the class attitude.

so, i'm giong in with-o doctor's in hand anyway but a notepad and a pen and my appointment book to table it.

Jena

yes that is actually what i'm going to do after i table it. i'm going to check each and every page i'm giong to annoy these ppl so much they won't wanna have me come back to appeal their decision of turning difficult child down for an iep. worst nightmare i'm thinking.......

than wait, 2 years of nurses logs i've requested lol.

Jena

yes it is. i'm sitting here now trying to print stuff up incase they move forward with it, and difficult child decided today would be melt down day. it figures lol. and my printer's running out of ink, other than that it's all pink and blue!

M

ML

It isn't right. You're right, they want you unprepared and in the weaker position. These battles are always so uphill. Just go in there strong and as prepared as you can be and know you take our collective strength and warrior mom spirit with you. Looking forward to a positive update. Love, ML