School meeting tomorrow

We have an ARD meeting tomorrow and was wondering if anyone was familar with the following?
My son has been in program since second grade and we have had meetings before addressing problems, changes in IEP ect. This is his first year at middle school and I'm not familar with or if things are done differently from elementary.

At the beginning of the year we briefly meet to take off transportation services and principal admin. mentioned having meeting in December something about evaluation. The wording struck me as odd they made it sound like something more than a review. Does anyone know if they revaluate, test again every so many years?

He has been having a few problems lately so I'm not 100% sure if meeting is to address these concerns or to do that evaluation thing.

Any info would be great.

Thanks

keista

Welcome to the board!

Reevaluation is done once every 3 years. Reviews should be done at least once a year.

T

TeDo

Ditto keista & buddy. They are supposed to re-do all the evaluations they did the first time around every three years. If you have any concerns, make sure they are put in writing and insist they evaluate those along with all the standard stuff. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Welcome to our little corner of the world. We would love to get to know you better so please fill us in on you, your son, your family, issues you and/or he deal with, etc. We are here any time you need to know ANYTHING (no, I'm not kidding).

InsaneCdn

Even in our less-detailed world here (Canada), you'd expect re-evaluations at least every 3-4 years. Kids just grow so much, so fast... some issues either take care of themselves or received enough remediation to slide into background... and other issues take their place. This is called NORMAL. At least, "normal" for a child with challenges.